The Rap/Hip-Hop thread

This is America peaked my interest in Childish Gambino so I’ve been deep diving into his stuff. Most is very catchy but nothing really striking me classic. Kinda reminds me of Kid Cudi but not quite as good. I do applaud Glover for trying different things on each album. A lot of rappers fall into a style and get stuck there.

This is America peaked my interest in Childish Gambino so I’ve been deep diving into his stuff. Most is very catchy but nothing really striking me classic. Kinda reminds me of Kid Cudi but not quite as good. I do applaud Glover for trying different things on each album. A lot of rappers fall into a style and get stuck there.

I like his stuff. Dude's going to end up with an EGOT

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx96Twg-Aew[/youtube]

That’s really close to where I lived as a kid in Virginia Beach.

When was that? Pretty hard to not know Pusha and Clipse if you were around here during the mid to late 90’s. He/they were part of the Pharrell and Neptune’s circle and did a fair amount of recording at a studio next to my high school on Va. Beach Blvd.

Reactions: 1 person
When was that? Pretty hard to not know Pusha and Clipse if you were around here during the mid to late 90’s. He/they were part of the Pharrell and Neptune’s circle and did a fair amount of recording at a studio next to my high school on Va. Beach Blvd.

When I lived there in the 90s I was in 4th and 5th grade. I wasn’t paying attention to the local rap scene at the time

Did you go to Princess Anne?

VN Store

Back