The Play I Loved

Whoever said the tackling, well I 2nd that. Hope we can keep doing that the rest of the year. KPT has a good point about the Wes Brown tackle too. I liked all of the plays that were good.:)

Although it came at a time when the game was already lost for the Dogs, I thought Wes Brown's special teams tackle on Mikey Henderson was pretty impressive. He had to fight off a blocker and tackle a really elusive guy simultaneously. If Wes didn't make that play, Mikey might have made a really big gain. Instead, Georgia had to begin the drive from inside the ten, I believe.

that play showed to me that the team was playing on a different level than they had previously. Everything up to that point I had the niggling feeling that it was just UGa sucking wind, and him fighting off the tackle and sticking Henderson in open field just showed how much the guys wanted this one.

....that or after defeating the block he was too slow to take the fake, either way it worked out well. Causes one to pause and reflect on many big plays where announcers and hosts describe in minute detail how a player thought this and did that in micro seconds and still had the time to execute it.

As stated in another thread....the Bolden tackle on the WR sticks out for me.

The miss direction pitch out it could be run in several ways and with the right people getting the ball could be a super weapon.
You could tell that froze georgia's defense bigtime. They had watched film. You could tell from the formation georgia thought that was going isolation left. When he pitched it right it totally had georgia confused. We should have been doing this awhile ago.

In the play a Tennessee WR came in motion to the right the ball was snapped and handed off to said WR in motion. The tackle and the guard from the left side of the line pulled towards the right and led block for the WR. The play might have went for a yard, maybe.

I'll like the play a lot better if we can figure out how to make it go for more than three feet.

I liked the mis-direction pitch

IIRC, we ran that twice, and it worked both times. We've had it run against us enough over the years--it was nice to see it effectively added to our playbook.

VN Store

Back