The pigs are cooked.

Collect your participation certificate, Hogs. You still end up with a less memorable season than the Vols! Go Big, 🍊⚾
I've been complimentary to Tennessee on every post. However, I would MUCH rather end up at Omaha. After all, isn't that the goal?

I can just watch the finals and enjoy now. I’m okay with either team winning. Just didn’t want those psychopathic Tennessee-obsessed stalkers winning it.

I haven't watched a second of it since Tennessee lost and I'm not starting now. I know it's probably stupid, but it hurts too much.

I find it humorous that many Hog fans WANTED Tennessee to go to Omaha so the two teams could have the opportunity to meet, yet Tenn fans gloat over Arkansas' loss to Ole Missy yesterday. Though Arkansas lost yesterday, I STILL wish Tennessee would have made it.

Get the wheels off your house before the rainy season arrives

Reactions: StarRaider
I find it humorous that many Hog fans WANTED Tennessee to go to Omaha so the two teams could have the opportunity to meet, yet Tenn fans gloat over Arkansas' loss to Ole Missy yesterday. Though Arkansas lost yesterday, I STILL wish Tennessee would have made it.
You had your chance in the SEC Tournament, but the Hogs failed.
And if Tennessee did make it you would have had to get to the final which you didn’t. Hogs failed again.
Better luck next time, hopefully you’ll get your wish and get to play the SEC overall season and tournament champions next year.

I’m not sure what your expectations are coming to a Vol forum.

Came in trespassing like:

pigs-celebrate.gif

The two teams met in Houston in March.

We beat the wheels off their little wagon.

Tony held out Drew Gilbert, inserted many other subs, pitched five guys, and we were still kicking the snot out of them

Baseball vs Tennessee on 3/6/2022 - Box Score - University of Oklahoma (soonersports.com)

8 - 0 is pretty impressive. That's one of the things I don't like about tournaments determining the "National Championship". You can be the best team all year long, even beat the eventual "champion", but it's like it doesn't count because you had a couple of bad games at the end of the year instead of early on.

Some will argue that everyone has the same rules, so they all have an equal chance, and I guess that's true. It just seems like if you play juuuusssst well enough to get to the tournament and then get hot, the team that played really well all year gets no credit for having done so. And seeding based on who knows what obviously doesn't help either.

8 - 0 is pretty impressive. That's one of the things I don't like about tournaments determining the "National Championship". You can be the best team all year long, even beat the eventual "champion", but it's like it doesn't count because you had a couple of bad games at the end of the year instead of early on.

Some will argue that everyone has the same rules, so they all have an equal chance, and I guess that's true. It just seems like if you play juuuusssst well enough to get to the tournament and then get hot, the team that played really well all year gets no credit for having done so. And seeding based on who knows what obviously doesn't help either.
Plus the higher seed receives no benefit as far as being the home or away team. I absolutely hate that. Being a great team during the season has no real benefit

I think winning the regular season conference title is a great accomplishment. I just think winning the SECT is pretty much a nothing burger. I mean if we had lost to UF in the championship, does that change that we were the best team in the SEC? No. If we went 0-2 in Hoover, we still go into the NCAAT as the overall #1 seed.

I don't have a problem with a national tournament because that's honestly the only way to determine a champion; but conference tournaments? IMO they are pretty much a waste of time unless you are on the bubble and need the help to get in.

Arky had the opportunity to meet us in Hoover, but you blew it. We did our part by getting to the final. Where were you?

I've been complimentary to Tennessee on every post. However, I would MUCH rather end up at Omaha. After all, isn't that the goal?
So you like this year’s Arkansas team better than last year’s that won the SEC regular season title, SEC tournament title, won EVERY series and was ranked #1 pretty much the whole year? Because they made it to Omaha and got some cool patches for their jerseys (but no hardware)?

I guess TN was better than Arkansas last year with that logic despite losing 3 of 4 head to head (since we made to Omaha and flamed out but Arky didn’t)….

Going to Omaha last year was fun but this year was way more fun overall IMO.

I think winning the regular season conference title is a great accomplishment. I just think winning the SECT is pretty much a nothing burger. I mean if we had lost to UF in the championship, does that change that we were the best team in the SEC? No. If we went 0-2 in Hoover, we still go into the NCAAT as the overall #1 seed.

I don't have a problem with a national tournament because that's honestly the only way to determine a champion; but conference tournaments? IMO they are pretty much a waste of time unless you are on the bubble and need the help to get in.
I’m a bit torn on the conference tournament. I think in retrospect, it is a huge accomplishment to have gone undefeated in the tourney and never trailed. This is especially true given how the conference fared in the NCAA tourney.

That said, I think the conference tournament (with weather delays and “Ibiza nightclub hours”) took a huge toll on us and contributed heavily to us “not being the same team” in the NCAAs. I’ve always been wary of “resting starters” etc. for the playoffs (how many of Peyton’s great Colts teams did that and proceeded to flame out in the playoffs), but the teams who exited the conference tournament early (see Miss State last year as well) fared MUCH better in the NCAAs. Definitely something to consider next year on how to approach the conference Tourney….

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Apparently never.
I’m not familiar with the technology required to show the strike zone on the television, there’s got be an NIL deal to get it running at LNS.

The guy that programs the hologram that shows the strike zone live at the stadium for all to see,

Another NIL, Strike Zone brought to you by Top Secret.

I hate every Team not named Tennessee and with that being said😁glad the Piggies got beat and are done...Go Sooners”piss on ole miss!!

Reactions: tn4elvis
Well we were waiting for you in Hoover but you got double dipped. How many SEC championships did Arkansas win this year again?

I keep seeing 4-0 against the CWS finalists. When did Tennessee and Oklahoma play. I can't find it.

8-0 5 hit shutout!

Sunday, March 6
FINAL R H E

i

17 Tennessee
(10-1)

8 11 0
i

22 Oklahoma

0 5 1
Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic
Minute Maid Park - Houston, Texas
RECAPBOX SCORE

So you like this year’s Arkansas team better than last year’s that won the SEC regular season title, SEC tournament title, won EVERY series and was ranked #1 pretty much the whole year? Because they made it to Omaha and got some cool patches for their jerseys (but no hardware)?

I guess TN was better than Arkansas last year with that logic despite losing 3 of 4 head to head (since we made to Omaha and flamed out but Arky didn’t)….

Going to Omaha last year was fun but this year was way more fun overall IMO.

It's the same argument with SEC basketball season last year except replace Tennessee with Auburn. Just depends on your perspective.

The way the basketball and baseball tournaments work can be cruel. It's just so hard to grind all the way through it even if you've been the best team all year. The Duke team with Zion, RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish didn't even make a final four despite being the most talented team by a mile.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back