The Pearl lie: From beginning to end

According to you, it must not be so obvious.

And obviously, you have a problem with obsession.

I'm sure what I said could never, ever happen because hat said so. Otherwise, it would just be magic.

Yet again, I post and you show up. Just like my shadow. Poor kid.

At least your hero showed up so I'm sure that made you jump up and down on your bed. Pat, pat.

First one to walk away without trying to get the last word in, wins.

Sure, the other one will crow that he's the winner, but you'll know. You won.

Seriously, guys, no one cares any more. You're not winning any points here for either side. Let it die.

And obviously, you have a problem with obsession.

I'm sure what I said could never, ever happen because hat said so. Otherwise, it would just be magic.

Yet again, I post and you show up. Just like my shadow. Poor kid.

At least your hero showed up so I'm sure
that made you jump up and down on your
bed. Pat, pat.
Juggalo for life?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It really wasn't a specific shot at just Cal because most coaches lie out of the necessity to survive in their market. Most are little lies of not much consequence, unless you lie to the wrong people and get caught. Cal's latest was having Larry Brown on campus during the year to coach his players. It's a violation and I even knew the rule about outside coaches. Cal said he didn't know the rule and apologized. That's smart. He gets LB to teach, and gets a slap on the wrist. The reward was much greater than the risk, and lying about not knowing the rule assures no punishment.
very fair answer, thanks

Apologies if someone has already brought this up in detail as I haven't had time to skim news...but has anyone raised any conspiracy theories on Mike Glazier yet? From my experience, lawyer should be fired on the spot for missing something so key as to inform those being deposed on what the key topics will be. And the fact that he was hired by TN, OR, etc tells me he is the leading authority in the space so I don't dismiss it as incompetence or overlooking. The fact that he was driving the specific question already knowing the answer is shocking to me. If I had a client on the verge of implicating himself, I wouldn't be the one leading the questions when the NCAA rep seemed to be less direct.

My initial thought was someone in the administration that hired/was directing Glazier must have had it it for Pearl but that didn't any sense to me in the TN family. So looked up Glazier's background. Hails from Big Ten country, practiced in IL for a least 10 years and actually teamed up with Mike Slive around 1990 to form the Mike Slive - Mike Glazier Sports Group right when Slive was leading the investigation into the IL recruiting scandal that Pearl was in the center of. Just too much overalp with IL, that case and Pearl's history for me to think a good lawyer wouldn't have let Pearl and his staff know that picture existed and questions were coming without him having alterior motives.

Thoughts?

Apologies if someone has already brought this up in detail as I haven't had time to skim news...but has anyone raised any conspiracy theories on Mike Glazier yet? From my experience, lawyer should be fired on the spot for missing something so key as to inform those being deposed on what the key topics will be. And the fact that he was hired by TN, OR, etc tells me he is the leading authority in the space so I don't dismiss it as incompetence or overlooking. The fact that he was driving the specific question already knowing the answer is shocking to me. If I had a client on the verge of implicating himself, I wouldn't be the one leading the questions when the NCAA rep seemed to be less direct.

My initial thought was someone in the administration that hired/was directing Glazier must have had it it for Pearl but that didn't any sense to me in the TN family. So looked up Glazier's background. Hails from Big Ten country, practiced in IL for a least 10 years and actually teamed up with Mike Slive around 1990 to form the Mike Slive - Mike Glazier Sports Group right when Slive was leading the investigation into the IL recruiting scandal that Pearl was in the center of. Just too much overalp with IL, that case and Pearl's history for me to think a good lawyer wouldn't have let Pearl and his staff know that picture existed and questions were coming without him having alterior motives.

Thoughts?

Glazier wasn't Pearl's lawyer. Why should he have warned Pearl? Pretty sure his assistants warned him and he STILL didn't tell the truth...

Thoughts?
Tin foil hats, black helicopters, and grassy knolls.

You betcha. Lying about a bbq vs. a coach or booster paying a pimp hundreds of thousands of dollars for a recruit is no contest. Pearl should burn in hell over this. Hell, the entire university of TN should burn in hell for good measure. Better yet, they should make Phil Fulmer come back and coach the basketball team.

I'm glad the NCAA is going after the real offenders here. The Cam Newtons and Terrelle Pryors of the amateur world are just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for the Jim Tressels of the world. The guy was clearly framed.

All Pearl had to say was, 'I had a BBQ at my house, I am sorry, won't happen again,' and he would still be employed by UT. Instead, he chose to lie.

Glazier wasn't Pearl's lawyer. Why should he have warned Pearl? Pretty sure his assistants warned him and he STILL didn't tell the truth...

UTs lawyer or Pearl's lawyer...interests were aligned this time last year. UT is worse off for Pearl not having time to come to terms with that picture. I'm fairly confident two days notice would have produced better results than a quick/terrible decision in the middle of an interview.

UTs lawyer or Pearl's lawyer...interests were aligned this time last year. UT is worse off for Pearl not having time to come to terms with that picture. I'm fairly confident two days notice would have produced better results than a quick/terrible decision in the middle of an interview.

"It's not Pearl's fault that his natural instinct was lying; UT should have given him the two full days necessary to realize that lying to one's bosses is a stupid idea."

Great job. Way to assign blame where it belongs. Glazier set Pearl up to lie.

Hat, you were right about some of Pearl's support. I always said you were wrong in your assertion that people would support him no matter what details came out. It's asinine to think that people have blamed Hamilton and now Glazier for Pearl's demise. What it boils down to is that people cannot come to terms that a grown man should not have to be coached into telling the truth. What will Glazier tell him that would benefit Pearl? Should he tell him the NCAA has a picture? Pearl was presented with the dang picture and lied. If Glazier had told Pearl they had a picture, are you really going to assume that Pearl wouldn't meet with his coaching staff and orchestrate the same lie? Or maybe Glazier should've told him the consequences of lying to the NCAA? If Pearl or any coach doesn't know that lying to the NCAA will get you in a lot of trouble and cost you your job, then are they mentally capable of running a program?

I have always hated the fact that Hat always bashed someone that showed Pearl a little support for legitimate reasons before more violations surfaced. However, now I see why he did it and that's because the Pearl-extremes support is sickening.

I heard that Pearl was going to sue UT but a former ACC coach, now in the Big South talked him out of it.

VN Store

Back