The Orlando Magic Thread

Orlando making a move, and they're dealing with the Washington Wizards.

They're trying to trade Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas. It's looking like it's very close to happening.

Magic, Wizards closing in on Lewis-for-Arenas deal | NBA.com

The Washington Wizards and Orlando Magic are close to a trade that will send guard Gilbert Arenas to Orlando in exchange for forward Rashard Lewis, a league source tells TNT's David Aldridge.
The proposed trade was expected to be completed Saturday, perhaps before the Wizards played the Miami Heat Saturday evening in Washington and the Magic host the 76ers in Orlando.

Mixed feelings. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

A lot happening in Orlando...

"According to ESPN's Chris Broussard, the Magic are on the verge of pulling off a separate blockbuster with the Phoenix Suns to shake up a squad that has fallen below expectations and behind the current East powers in Boston and Miami.

The proposed trade, which sources tell Broussard has a 90 per cent chance of happening, would send Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson to the Magic in exchange for Vince Carter and Marcin Gortat. While they are the primary pieces in the deal, there are other players and draft picks that may be involved. The deal is likely to be completed within the next 24 hours, according to the sources.

"It's safe to say that it's imminent," one source said. "It's very close. There's always a chance it could fall apart, but it's 90 percent done."

This trade would not affect Orlando's pursuit of Arenas, according to Broussard's report. Magic president Otis Smith told the Associated Press that talks to acquire Arenas were serious, rating the talks an 8 out of 10 in terms of aggressiveness in making a deal. He told the AP, however, that nothing yet is imminent."

Magic on verge of deals for Arenas, Turkoglu and Richardson

Acquired Richardson, Arenas, and Turkoglu all in one day. I think a change of scenary may kick start Gilbert's career back up. I love the guy, but he's still really facing some maturity issues. I applaud Orlando for taking some chances, but I'm not sure it will work. They had to do something, though. The original roster wasn't constructed to compete with Boston or Miami.

I think the magic made some good moves today. If turkoglu can be anything like he was 2 years ago the magic will be improved. I also think gilbert will regain his old form.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Acquired Richardson, Arenas, and Turkoglu all in one day. I think a change of scenary may kick start Gilbert's career back up. I love the guy, but he's still really facing some maturity issues. I applaud Orlando for taking some chances, but I'm not sure it will work. They had to do something, though. The original roster wasn't constructed to compete with Boston or Miami.

Orlando's strategy is keeping Dwight Howard happy. This trade doesn't do much defensively, but it should add much more scoring.

Tonights game against the 76ers should be interesting without Carter, Pietrus, Gortat, Lewis and the new guys - Arenas, Richardson, Turkoglu, and Clark.

Small roster tonight.

I think the magic made some good moves today. If turkoglu can be anything like he was 2 years ago the magic will be improved. I also think gilbert will regain his old form.

hopefully. I just hope Arenas stays healthy.

hopefully. I just hope Arenas stays healthy.

I like gilbert and hope he stays healthy. I think the change of scenery and being moved back to the point where hes in control instead of off the ball could do wonders. He could potentially exploit whoever is at point for the heat and bass can hold his own against bosh better than lewis.

Wow, the new-look Magic really looked good against the Spurs tonight, and that's impressive.

This may end up being THE biggest deal of the season (as far as this particular season goes). Getting Hedo back and a rejuvenated Agent Zero could be enough to get them into the Finals.

This may end up being THE biggest deal of the season (as far as this particular season goes).

I agree. . .

Bringing out the black jerseys was absolutely huge and could pay off coming down the stretch.

Getting Hedo back and a rejuvenated Agent Zero could be enough to get them into the Finals.

they were nice too.

Seven guys finished with double figures.

Finally enough to get a win. I was getting worried for a bit.

Magic end two double digit win streaks in a row over Boston, and San Antonio.

Today was nice to see, not only because they beat Boston, but they beat Boston with Howard having a bad day. Turkoglu had a solid game with 16 pts. His most since being back with Orlando.

A win over Boston and a good day overall. I'll take it.

That was a good game yesterday, even though Howard didn't do much. It was nice to see Turkoglu play well, and some of the other guys step up.

Gilbert Arenas had a very solid game tonight (22 pts, 11 ast) in a win over Cleveland. Jason Richardson also had 20 pts.

Magic on a four game winning streak with NYK up next.

Eight guys with double figures in a win over Golden State. Hedo Turkoglu had a triple double.

That makes six straight in the win column.

Dwight Howard had 40 points tonight. That's his 4th straight 30+ game. Along with 17 consecutive double-doubles.

Dude is in beast mode.

Awesome comeback by Orlando tonight against Miami.

A win over Chicago tomorrow would extend the Magic's winning streak to five, with impressive wins over the Thunder, Knicks, Heat, and the Bulls.

Also, I'm sure James missing a three to tie the game is not going to go over well with the media tomorrow.

Although Bosh didn't help in his late game decision making

VN Store

Back