The only way we win is....

We have to be super aggressive on both sides of the ball - take more deep shots on offense and blitz the quarterback on defense. Of course, this could backfire and get us blown out, but the conservative gameplan we’ve seen the last few weeks won’t hold up for four quarters against georgia.

You can't do any of that unless the O-line does its job. They didn't do that the last time we played Georgia, and they didn't do it against Missou.
UGA has a 2 deep of 5 stars on both lines of scrimmage. We can barely keep a starting 5 playing on the OL and a couple of those are transfers. Don't think we've got better than a 4 star(Cooper?) starting for us. Kinda makes "doing their job" just a wee bit more difficult, no?

We have to OWN the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball! Period. And that's a tall task! Change my mind!

The only way we win is Neyland Stadium gives them hell for 60 minutes and the defense responds. We do not have an elite team, but we have played like it in short bursts this season.

I agree that TN would win if they owned both lines of scrimmage, but that’s not very realistic.

It’s not the only way though. One thing that would give the Vols a chance is by creating turnovers. Attack the ball! This is the ultimate equalizer if you’re playing a team that has a talent advantage.

Reactions: 08Vol
Win the penalties by a 5 to 1 margin we have a chance. If we are never over 1st & 10 or 2nd & 8 or 3rd & 5. I'm almost certain this will not happen but would help. Our first series vs UGA last year started as 1st & 10 then we jumped off sides 1st & 15 began that games narrative, you could almost see it coming, we did this 4 more times. We were behind the chains on every series vs Missouri recipe for big defeat add the turnovers & one for a pick 6 and one in the redzone costing 6 or 3 points. What did we do came out 2nd half run option, fumble & Mays recovers for 10 yard loss= 2nd & 20, you could almost see it coming. Recipe for defeat especially in Hueple's offense playing from behind the chains shackle his play calling. Which at times has made him look bad but it is very hard for anybody playing behind the chains.

In game coaching and adjustments have to be better too. When something they are doing and having luck with, let’s do something different and quit doing the same things over and over and over! Both sides of the ball, especially on the defensive side.

We have to OWN the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball! Period. And that's a tall task! Change my mind!

Or we could simply win the turn over battle and catch more than 50% of 50/50 balls

Score on first drive. (we will get the the ball first) Then have lighting delays every 30 minutes until 11 o'clock tomorrow morning when the game will be called due to church time!

Reactions: 08Vol
Run the damn ball..Throw the damn ball..Catch the damn ball..And remember last season's loss, hearing all those Ga fans chanting "overrated", while the rain came down..Other than that I can't think of anything else..But JMHO.....
We deserved that. We spent the week leading up to the game talking about how UGA fans are quiet, their stadium isn’t even worth calling a road game, our players won’t even notice, etc. I vividly recall my tv blaring at me as the crowd noise amped up there and watching our players act like a deer in the head lights. Sometimes we should just shut up.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Run the damn ball..Throw the damn ball..Catch the damn ball..And remember last season's loss, hearing all those Ga fans chanting "overrated", while the rain came down..Other than that I can't think of anything else..But JMHO.....
That was awful!! If that doesn’t make you want to win I don’t know what does!!

Reactions: TnScooby

VN Store

Back