The One Thing That I Can't Get Out Of My Mind About The Passing Game

LookinUp

BYU played our wide outs man to man and fairly up on them. All it took was a good move to get by them and there was no one close by to give support. Palmer made a move on a deep ball, beat his man by five yards, looked back for the ball to drop into his hands and off to the end zone. The pass was thrown fifteen yards off target to the outside. This was either a bad throw or miscommunication between Palmer and JG.

We only tried that ONE TIME. It was open the entire game. A good juke and move and no defensive safety to help cover as he was watching for the run. You can't tell me our receivers couldn't beat the BYU corners day in and day out for long gains. Either no confidence we could make a long throw or afraid the O-Line couldn't protect....which they did. I'm still stupefied over this.

BYU played our wide outs man to man and fairly up on them. All it took was a good move to get by them and there was no one close by to give support. Palmer made a move on a deep ball, beat his man by five yards, looked back for the ball to drop into his hands and off to the end zone. The pass was thrown fifteen yards off target to the outside. This was either a bad throw or miscommunication between Palmer and JG.

We only tried that ONE TIME. It was open the entire game. A good juke and move and no defensive safety to help cover as he was watching for the run. You can't tell me our receivers couldn't beat the BYU corners day in and day out for long gains. Either no confidence we could make a long throw or afraid the O-Line couldn't protect....which they did. I'm still stupefied over this.
Simple answer: JG sucks. Can’t see the field or get them the the ball between the numbers. Stupefaction solved.

The game plan produced outstanding ball control and 3 TDs that we didn’t capitalize on because of poor throws.

They tried to coach around our Qb's limitations in the second half. They don't trust him enough to make plays but somehow he's our best option. Something about that just isn't right. There has to be a different reason. Maybe JG has photos of someone in a compromising position or something..Makes no sense to not try something different, this is obviously not working..

Last edited:

JG knows where he’s going with the ball before it’s snapped a good portion of the time. He never surveys the field. Chaney did fine with the calls, Oline did fine with the protection, wrs did fine with getting open and taking the ball away from defenders even. JG just cannot see the field right now.

Josh Palmer juked the defender so much that he fell down and was wide open. JG threw it into triple coverage for an interception. I want him to do well, but will echo what many others are saying. He has regressed this year for whatever reason, in my opinion.

Definitely a bad throw. You cannot assume we called that play only once during the game. Our QB more times than not goes to his check down if the primary throw isn't open enough for him. JG tries to play what he thinks is mistake-free ball, hence why I feel he is more looking out for his stats than anything. His quote at the beginning of the year saying "he wants to be the best QB" is very telling now.

Josh Palmer juked the defender so much that he fell down and was wide open. JG threw it into triple coverage for an interception. I want him to do well, but will echo what many others are saying. He has regressed this year for whatever reason, in my opinion.
It's not just your opinion. Everyone who watches CFB see it, well, except ktown😂

It's not just your opinion. Everyone who watches CFB see it, well, except ktown😂

True, but if I say it is fact, then I get the, how do you know, think you are an insider, are you a mind reader, etc comments. Just self preservation, that's all.

Reactions: joevol33

They know jg can't throw accurately down field over 10 yds, 15 max.

They tried to coach around our Qb's limitations in the second half. They don't trust him enough to make plays but somehow he's our best option. Something about that just isn't right. There has to be a different reason. Maybe JG has photos of someone in a compromising position or soemthing..Makes no sense to not try something different, this is obviously not working..

We may not even score a td against fla. if jg still qb. They gona stack the line and dare him to throw. And stacking the line will stop most any rb.

VN Store

Back