The Official UNC Asheville/ETSU @ Tennessee Game Threads (Tues. Feb 20) (4:30PM EST) (Wed. Feb 21) (4:30PM EST) (SEC NET+)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
UNC ASHEVILLE BULLDOGS
(0-3) Overall (0-0) Big South

1708318733729.jpeg
ETSU BUCS
(3-0) Overall (0-0) Southern
1708390585208.jpeg

@
Tennessee Volunteers
(2-1) Overall (0-0) SEC
1708318890092.jpeg

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – After a solid opening weekend in Arlington, Texas, No. 5/9 Tennessee returns to Knoxville for its home opener on Tuesday afternoon against UNC Asheville, followed by an in-state battle with ETSU on Wednesday at the newly-renovated Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

The Vols were declared tournament champs of the Shriners Children's College Showdown at Globe Life Field to open the season after snagging victories over No. 18/21 Texas Tech and Baylor.

TICKET INFORMATION

Limited single-game tickets for non-conference home games can be purchased through AllVols.com.

BROADCAST INFO

Both midweek games this week will be streamed on SEC Network+ and the ESPN app with Andy Brock on the call.
Fans can also listen to the Voice of Tennessee Baseball John Wilkerson call the action via a free audio stream on UTSports.com, the Tennessee Athletics App and the Varsity App.

SERIES HISTORY

Vols vs. UNC Asheville
Overall: 31-7
in Knoxville: 27-7
in Asheville: 4-0
at Neutral Sites: 0-0
Last Meeting: W, 5-0 in Knoxville (March 28, 2023)

UT has won nine straight against the Bulldogs dating back to 2015.

Vols vs. ETSU
Overall: 69-20
in Knoxville: 39-10
in Johnson City: 29-10
at Neutral Sites: 1-0
Last Meeting: W, 4-1 in Knoxville (March 1, 2022)

Seven of the last eight meetings between the Vols and Bucs have been decided by four runs or fewer. UT is 4-3 in those contests.

NOTABLE

Vols in Home Openers
Tuesday's game will mark the 113th home opener in Tennessee baseball history. The Vols are 90-20-2 all-time in home openers, including a 5-1 mark under head coach Tony Vitello with five straight wins (2019-23).

Rocky Top Round Trippers
UT has been the nation's most prolific home run hitting team over the past three seasons, leading all NCAA Division I programs with 386 long balls during that span (2021-pres). In the previous decade before that (2010-2020), the Volunteers totaled just 376 home runs. The Vols have surpassed the 100-homer mark in each of the past two years, including a program record 158 in 2022, which ranks fourth in NCAA Division I history and is the most by any team in the BBCOR bat era (since 2011).

The Big Orange blasted four homers last weekend and hit 126 home runs in 2023, which is the second highest tally in program history and ranked sixth in the country. Tennessee also hit 98 long balls in 2021. The Vols went deep in 53 of their 66 games last season with 36 multi-homer performances on the year.

Billy Barrels
Highly-touted transfer newcomer Billy Amick'sTennessee career is off to a hot start after a successful opening weekend where he hit .308 with four hits and led the Vols with four runs, two homers and five RBIs. Amick homered in both of UT's wins over No. 18 Texas Tech on Friday and Baylor on Sunday.
The Batesburg, South Carolina, native went 2-for-4 with a pair of runs and two RBIs in a season-opening 6-2 win over the Red Raiders. His two-run home run in the fourth inning opened the scoring. He capped the weekend with another 2-for-4 performance against the Bears, scoring twice and driving in three runs with a solo home run and a two-run triple.

OPPONENT SCOUT

UNC Asheville Bulldogs
  • 2023 Record: 26-26 (12-15 Big South)
  • 2023 Postseason: N/A
  • 2024 Big South Preseason Poll: T-4th
  • Head Coach: Scott Friedholm (10th season)
  • Preseason All-Conference Selections (3):
    • OF Robbie Burnett (Preseason Player of the Year)
    • OF Dylan Bacot
    • RP Justin Honeycutt
ETSU Buccaneers
  • 2023 Record: 26-29 (10-11 SoCon)
  • 2023 Postseason: N/A
  • 2024 SoCon Preseason Poll: 5th
  • Head Coach: Joe Pennucci (7th season)
  • Preseason All-Conference Selections (5):
    • 1B Cameron Sisneros (1st Team)
    • SS Ashton King (2nd Team)
    • 3B Cody Miller (2nd Team)
    • OF Tommy Barth (2nd Team)
    • DH Nick Iannanton (2nd Team)

ON DECK

The Vols continue their 15-game homestand with their first weekend series in Knoxville this season as they host Albany for a three-game series Friday through Sunday at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm in trouble! A couple of months ago I switched to KUB fiber and TV. Problem is, they aren't listed as a provider when I try to watch something on SECNetwork+. What's the cheapest streaming service that is recognized as a provider so I can get SECNetwork+? I'm a subscriber to ESPN+ but there's no option I can find to subscribe to SECNetwork+.

Guys, I'm in trouble! A couple of months ago I switched to KUB fiber and TV. Problem is, they aren't listed as a provider when I try to watch something on SECNetwork+. What's the cheapest streaming service that is recognized as a provider so I can get SECNetwork+? I'm a subscriber to ESPN+ but there's no option I can find to subscribe to SECNetwork+.
You should be able to access through ESPN plus bud

I don't see KUB Fiber as a ESPN service provider either. You don't necessarily need ESPN+ to watch SEC+ events but you do need SEC/ESPN with an approved service provider to gain access to ESPN.com which sounds like you don't. Recommend you contact KUB about adding WatchESPN.

Cheapest streamer Sling but you will need to add their Sport package for SEC programming, $55 + tax. You can get a half month off their basic for 1 month so $35

Reactions: TechnoVol

VN Store

Back