The official thread where everyone tries to catch up to Joe, and Windy keeps track of who posts on the even K's

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They found a lot more 3-5 vessels blocked...surgery TBD....getting ready to leave work to head home, get some stuff and go to Charleston.

No. They found a lot more 3-5 vessels blocked...surgery TBD....getting ready to leave work to head home, get some stuff and go to Charleston.
That's always scary, but it's a lot better to find out about the blockages during a cath in a hospital than the hard way (a heart attack.) Recovery after a CABG (bypass surgery) tends to go better if the patient didn't have a heart attack beforehand, but had surgery before, because the heart muscle hasn't been damaged (from the heart attack.) If that makes any sense.

Hugs for you, your dad, and your family! Keep us posted. Drive safely!

That's always scary, but it's a lot better to find out about the blockages during a cath in a hospital than the hard way (a heart attack.) Recovery after a CABG (bypass surgery) tends to go better if the patient didn't have a heart attack beforehand, but had surgery before, because the heart muscle hasn't been damaged (from the heart attack.) If that makes any sense.

very much sense - hope they explain it to her dad and the family

Thank you for this.

They did. Feeling a little bit better, but still obviously nervous. He had 99% blockage in one!! 😮

View attachment 210334
The heart is a muscular organ, and heart muscle is the ONLY type of muscle that can’t regenerate after damage. He’s very lucky that the 99% blockage in the RCA hasn’t resulted in an infarct (heart attack.)

Your dad’s a very smart guy to have realized that something was wrong and gone for help. My ex walked around with symptoms for a day and a half (chest pain, vague left arm and neck pain, feeling generally crappy) before calling me at work to ask me to take him to the hospital. By then, the damage had been done, a full out heart attack with permanently damaged heart muscle. The cardiologist said that if he’d come in when symptoms first started, he probably wouldn’t have had permanent damage to his heart. He had to retire early on disability and lost all his professional pilot’s licenses and certifications.

Again, your dad’s a smart guy! I’m sure it will go well tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you guys and floating up a prayer. Hang in there!

maxresdefault.jpg

The heart is a muscular organ, and heart muscle is the ONLY type of muscle that can’t regenerate after damage. He’s very lucky that the 99% blockage in the RCA hasn’t resulted in an infarct (heart attack.)

Your dad’s a very smart guy to have realized that something was wrong and gone for help. My ex walked around with symptoms for a day and a half (chest pain, vague left arm and neck pain, feeling generally crappy) before calling me at work to ask me to take him to the hospital. By then, the damage had been done, a full out heart attack with permanently damaged heart muscle. The cardiologist said that if he’d come in when symptoms first started, he probably wouldn’t have had permanent damage to his heart. He had to retire early on disability and lost all his professional pilot’s licenses and certifications.

Again, your dad’s a smart guy! I’m sure it will go well tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you guys and floating up a prayer. Hang in there!
He was a little stubborn though as he started feeling pain 2 years ago 🤦 but he went in because now it was actually causing pain when exercising. He's glad he went in knowing he could have had a heart attack while biking or on one of his trips, or really any time.

It's funny to think about, but the doc said he is a good candidate for this as some others are too far along and that the fact that he isn't having any pain/issues while in rest.

He's already asking when he can bike again 😆🙄

He was a little stubborn though as he started feeling pain 2 years ago 🤦 but he went in because now it was actually causing pain when exercising. He's glad he went in knowing he could have had a heart attack while biking or on one of his trips, or really any time.

It's funny to think about, but the doc said he is a good candidate for this as some others are too far along and that the fact that he isn't having any pain/issues while in rest.

He's already asking when he can bike again 😆🙄

Reminds me of my Dad. Fall of my first freshman year at UT my parents, siblings and their spouses got a cabin in Gatlinburg.

We were hiking one day, something we had done countless times in the smokies. My Mom and Dad lagged behind. Found out later he was having chest pains. Had bypass surgery a few weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back