The Official Tennessee vs. Texas A&M Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I think the Vols win this one by double digits. I am a lot more worried about being on the road at Miss State on Saturday. 14-7 (6-2) in conference would look really good though before our tough February.
that's impossible.

I'd like to see Uros get plenty of minutes tonight, give him some playing time to knock the cobwebs off....

I think Tennessee will win, but A&M has improved significantly the last month. They were horrendous the first third of the season. As we all know, basketball can have its surprises, but if the Vols take care of business, we should come out with the W.

Am I missing something? I don’t understand why this team is an 11 point favorite over anybody.
a&m isn’t good and we have been very good our last 3 games. The line seems right to me. That’s why it’s hard to pick so I say stay way from betting it

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Aggie here. I don’t think the spread is too high. A&M is a Jeckyl and Hyde team. Will look great (beat Vandy @Vandy by 20 and lost in OT at home to LSU) but then will give a not-so-good effort (lost at home to USCE).

They are generally more focused on the road, and have 2 of their 3 conference wins on the road. They play hard on defense, although there’s still some work to do technique-wise and being in the right places. We are a really bad shooting team, and give up too many 3’s on defense. When we play someone, they usually have a super 3-point shooting night (above their average).

Our most talented player is Savion Flagg. He averages about 11 points a game. He’s having difficulty fitting into Buzz’s system. He’s not used to having the ball at the high post, and is very turnover prone when he drives.

Josh Nebo is probably our best player. He is a 6’ 9” post who averages about 12 points and 7 to 8 rebounds a game. Also one of the top shot blockers in the nation.

Andre Gordon is our freshman point guard. Averages about 7 to 8 points a game, and can be very streaky. He’s going to be a good one.

Chuck Mitchell starts at another guard. Extremely streaky shooter. When he’s on, he’s deadly. But, so far this year, he’s been off.

Off the bench, Emmanuel Miller is a good rebounder for being undersized. Quinton Jackson is an extremely athletic junior college player who has had some acrobatic dunks. Think of a less talented and athletic Yves Pons.

We aren’t a very deep team, but play hard. We turn the ball over too often, and make lots of mental mistakes. You can already see the effect Buzz has had on the team in the past couple of weeks. Really playing more consistently, Although prone to being sloppy. We just had a five star guard to commit, so the future is bright in Aggieland. Just not this year. I honestly didn’t think we would win more than two conference games the way we were playing in November and December, but have been pleasantly surprised so far in conference play. I expect a good game, although it wouldn’t surprise me if we got blown out by Tennessee.

Nice ball movement and work for an open three there. Glad to see Pons start off with a make.

VN Store

Back