The Official Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

Everybody complains about 11am games but I love it. I live 3 hours away and it is a long day. I drive right into town and get park by the exit of the free garage. I can get around town easy and I get home by dinner time. So much easier!

Let's wipe that arrogant smug look off Muschamp's face this time. GBO!!

GBO!! The game's on ESPN & we need to win biggly against the hens.

And the like button is here on gameday...

Quick quest: Over/under on Freak adding a "dislike" button.

I'm really not looking forward to this game. I expect it to be messy. Messy. Lot of emotion on the field and not always good emotions. Some sloppy play on both sides. I'm hoping for at least one "blow-up" by Muschamp. I'd love to see the Muschamp-face today. It will be just another reminder of how happy I am we have Butch Jones instead of Will Muschamp - yes, you read that right and I am not even a Butch fan. I hope we play special teams well, and I hope we carry the fight to USCe for a full 60 minutes. I think if we can protect the ball, play good specials and keep the fight against the Gamecocks instead of each other then we will come out with a victory at home. But I'm worried about all three. I must have overlooked the pick the score contest this week but I am HOPING for a low scoring Tennessee victory, which I know is not quite the same as expecting it.

Wes7.jpg

General Neyland's 7 Maxims

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.

3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.

4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.

5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.

6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.

7. Carry the fight to South Carolina and keep it there for 60 minutes.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Run Forest. Run

Back from my run, hope the vols have a better showing than i did today. I see the fans are really feelin it, i think the umass thread had more post than this one an hour before game time.

Back from my run, hope the vols have a better showing than i did today. I see the fans are really feelin it, i think the umass thread had more post than this one an hour before game time.

We're gonna see what this team is made of today. That's for sure.

Hubbs just reported Medley out with an illness. Good thing we at least have a decent back up in Cimaglia.

Ironic considering Butch is 3-1 vs them, ruined their season in 2013, and caused the best coach they've ever had Steve Spurrier to have a panic attack and retire.

But their current coach is 5-0 against us and butch...

VN Store

Back