The Official Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
East Tennessee State vs. LSU - Game Summary - December 18, 2019 - ESPN

At Baton Rouge - ETSU 74 - LSU 63

At Knoxville - LSU 78 - Hapless Vols 64

James would play some at ETSU and maybe Pons - none of the Vol starting five would start at ETSU but Fulkerson would get serious minutes.

i believe my buddy is right except the 2 deep comment. SEC outside of KY and Auburn is a fairly pathetic league this year - not any better than Southern Conference.

I love the Vols and hope they can make NIT for extra practice. They should bounce back in '21 but 20 is a depthless undertalented - transition year so give James and the freshmen all the playing time they can stand. I hope Steve Forbes moves out to the Midwest or somewhere and not in the SEC as he is a monster recruiter.

James would play some at ETSU and maybe Pons - none of the Vol starting five would start at ETSU but Fulkerson would get serious minutes.

i believe my buddy is right except the 2 deep comment. SEC outside of KY and Auburn is a fairly pathetic league this year - not any better than Southern Conference.

I love the Vols and hope they can make NIT for extra practice. They should bounce back in '21 but 20 is a depthless undertalented - transition year so give James and the freshmen all the playing time they can stand. I hope Steve Forbes moves out to the Midwest or somewhere and not in the SEC as he is a monster recruiter.
Tell your “buddy” that he’s a moron. Lol at the southern being as good as the SEC, but transitive property always works so “he” may be right. Also, my apologies to your “buddy” for not getting in to UT and letting that fuel his blue and yellow tinted outlook.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

Be careful. The truth doesn't go over very well around here.

Agree. But, obviously, Fulky struggles to get consistent low post position because of his slight frame. Kid works so hard, is worn out by the end of the game, because of how he gets tossed around while trying to establish position. Really needed another 15-20 pounds coming into this season.
Yeah, Fulky does a lot of things well. Getting open isn't one of them. If we could make some outside shots it would create some space for him.

So I guess by your logic we're better than Virginia then?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I wont tell my buddy that some of you boys are speaking ill of his hoops knowledge. He is a Vol football season tix holder and has ETSU basketball season tix. He would obviously be deeply hurt by some of these comments. Let's all agree to ignore the limitations of the Orange squad this year and not compare them to Memphis, ETSU or other in-state teams. It is hopefully a unique situation for Barnes - big losses to graduation - top juniors turning pro, returning seniors either injured or suddenly cannot shoot a basketball and what is left are role players or true freshmen. ETSU is pretty good this year and it is no disgrace that none of the Vols could crack that starting lineup - no disgrace at all. I do not think the ETSU second team would beat UT but it could be a toss up.

But what about Furman and North Dakota state

I wont tell my buddy that some of you boys are speaking ill of his hoops knowledge. He is a Vol football season tix holder and has ETSU basketball season tix. He would obviously be deeply hurt by some of these comments. Let's all agree to ignore the limitations of the Orange squad this year and not compare them to Memphis, ETSU or other in-state teams. It is hopefully a unique situation for Barnes - big losses to graduation - top juniors turning pro, returning seniors either injured or suddenly cannot shoot a basketball and what is left are role players or true freshmen. ETSU is pretty good this year and it is no disgrace that none of the Vols could crack that starting lineup - no disgrace at all. I do not think the ETSU second team would beat UT but it could be a toss up.

I don't care what you tell your buddy; if he's even real and this isn't some attempt at you trashing the team by acting like your "friend" is doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back