The Official Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 1-1 in our two ugliest games ever. This win and the even more painful to watch 37-36 loss at Georgetown.

Ugliest win I've ever seen!! Time for Bowden to stop shooting.
We complained about teams being hard to watch when Zo was here. I think Barnes just passed him in that category.
Best way to watch um is to cuss um, leave the room and hope they do something less stupid while yer gone.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
JJJ is showing me no hope for the future... looks like he can’t dribble well, can’t finish, can’t shoot. He can rebound and play defense though

James went 4 for 7, and 2 for 2 on 3’s

That’s not “lights out” shooting, but when the team is shooting below 25% (other than he)........57% is pretty good.

We complained about teams being hard to watch when Zo was here. I think Barnes just passed him in that category.
Best way to watch um is to cuss um, leave the room and hope they do something less stupid while yer gone.
The major difference being this will only be a one year aberration with Barnes, as opposed to being the norm with Martin.

Not having a point or any guard that can take over the game because they can get into the lane easily hurts. Turner had this ability.

Fulkerson saved us. Between Bowden (1-17) and Pons (0-7) and J. Johnson (0-5), it was a miracle to win this game. Bowden didn't even hit the rim on his final 3 pt shot so the clock didn't reset and only Fulk's take of the charge saved our day.
Fulk fought for that rebound to make it our ball too, without fouling

He’s got to play whether starting or not. You just hope he can somewhere give you 10+ points.
he is better coming off the bench , what do you have to lose in trying it ? as we have seen , him starting is not helping him or this team

Reactions: vols 30
I think it’s safe to say Bowden has destroyed any chance of an NBA career he had with his performance this season.
He has never been an NBA prospect. Not even sure how that narrative even got started. He can't dribble.

No way. We had two straight games against UVA and Georgetown where we scored in the 30’s. We also lost to Austin Peay one year. I get your point, and it’s tough to watch. But Zo Ball, at times, was just dreadful.

SC defense was really good they know how to pressure the ball and force you into mistakes. We were way to slow throwing out of traps today. Got some really good minutes from Pember today and Fulkerson played a great game.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Martin didn’t even have the excuse of his best player getting injured and another getting ruled ineligible.

The major difference being this will only be a one year aberration with Barnes, as opposed to being the norm with Martin.
Your talking about the Martin that made it to the final 4 a couple of years ago aren't you?

he is better coming off the bench , what do you have to lose in trying it ? as we have seen , him starting is not helping him or this team

I'd just as soon he keep starting for ball handling and defensive reasons but maybe shoot less. Not really sure that bringing him off the bench changes anything other than putting us at a defensive disadvantage to start the game.

His D

Also not too sure starting Johnson or Gaines will help this team offensively.....starting in his place.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back