The Official Tennessee vs S. Miss Super Regional Game 1 Thread Sat. June 10 3PM EST ESPNU (Hattiesburg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll bite.

Adage: a short statement expressing a general truth.

"Weather delays are bad for the team with the better pitching performance."

So....I assume you want to argue it's not a general truth? Maybe ask the USM pitching coach how he feels about the delay.

As for "condescending," we frequently have posters on here who ask for explanations as to game nuance, as they are new to following the sport. As for the "negas," I guess they deserve a hefty dose of condescension.

Alright. I’ll quit peeing on your shoe. Maybe i misunderstood your intent. I think we coached and hit poorly against an easy to hit pitcher with a known scout. I’d love him pitching more innings. That said, yes. An adage becomes an adage when everyone knows the phrase.
“A penny saved is a penny earned is an adage”.

"Weather delays are bad for the team with the better pitching performance." is something else.

Cam was getting hot too which sucks. You hate to have him get hot again if this delay lasts much longer.
This is the biggest potential negative of the scenario. But I've seen guys get up and hot several times in a pen throughout a game. Will depend on how hot he was but he could be burned too, which just means we will have to go with someone else and then Cam can go either of the next two days.

Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Mississippi
9 mins ago – National Weather Service
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 263 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM CDT FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS MS . MISSISSIPPI COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE ADAMS ATTALA CARROLL CHOCTAW CLAIBORNE CLARKE ...
Yeah this isn’t getting played tonight. Wish this were like a season MLB game and this game just didn’t count if it didn’t make it 5

Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Mississippi
9 mins ago – National Weather Service
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 263 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM CDT FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS MS . MISSISSIPPI COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE ADAMS ATTALA CARROLL CHOCTAW CLAIBORNE CLARKE ...
why didnt we play our first game on Friday? Checking weather should be part of the plan.

Alright. I’ll quit peeing on your shoe. Maybe i misunderstood your intent. I think we coached and hit poorly against an easy to hit pitcher with a known scout. I’d love him pitching more innings. That said, yes. An adage becomes an adage when everyone knows the phrase.
“A penny saved is a penny earned is an adage”.

"Weather delays are bad for the team with the better pitching performance." is something else.

I can buy that. Go Vols.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is the biggest potential negative of the scenario. But I've seen guys get up and hot several times in a pen throughout a game. Will depend on how hot he was but he could be burned too, which just means we will have to go with someone else and then Cam can go either of the next two days.
Problem is who do you go to?
Need to save Chase and Seth for a lead or a closer game. Beam for sure no. I think it turns into one of those games where Tony makes 42 pitching changes and we piece it together as we go. However, if Moore gets a knock and we score a couple, I dont mind using Burns to see if we can come back.

Bring it, we can't hit the other guy apparently
Except that we were finally starting to get some solid contact in and he was starting to have to work a decent number of pitches in that inning. Momentum is fickle. It felt like something was changing. But who knows. Just depends on which team is able to reset more effectively during the break and there is no way to predict that

Is there no A/C in the locker room? I've seen a lots of pictures of our guys jammed under the bleachers looking like a homeless camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back