The Official Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I think he is saying that OM controlled the game except the last few minutes and they should have won.

In that case I understand, and agree

But damn by now we have to know that just because we're up or down a decent amount with not much time left doesn't mean we won't flip and lose that lead or come back to win haha

I think he is saying that OM controlled the game except the last few minutes and they should have won.

But they were only up by like two the entire game. I think we deserved to win.

Had two out of bounds calls called wrong against us, several no contact fouls against us, missed charge call, that weird out of control foul thing (I could go on)...I thought we were going to lose, but I never really felt like the game was out of reach.

?

Not sure I agree with the second statement. Surely you don't mean coming in we had no bisiness winning? Or are you saying since we got down?

No, I mean we didn't play all that well for the majority of the game, trailed for most of the game until the last 2 minutes, missed a lot of FTs, etc.

We certainly had a chance to win before the tip, were even favored I believe.

Boy,when we lose you hear "hubbs is trash" and stuff like that, but when we win, and hubbs is a big part why, crickets....

Reactions: 1 person
Will have to admit to being a bit shocked with the win. Really expected this bunch to start their fold tonight. Well coached. Still don't think they have enough to make the NCAAT, but what they're doing is fun to watch. Admire their grit and spunk. Nice game Vols.

Boy,when we lose you hear "hubbs is trash" and stuff like that, but when we win, and hubbs is a big part why, crickets....

Also meant to congratulate Hubbs on a good game. I hope his knee is really better because we need him. Also appears he talked to the refs about how he constantly gets fouled on midrange shots.

No, I mean we didn't play all that well for the majority of the game, trailed for most of the game until the last 2 minutes, missed a lot of FTs, etc.

We certainly had a chance to win before the tip, were even favored I believe.

We were indeed favored, which is why I was confused by if that's what you meant.

I agree we didn't play well for the majority of the game, but we did start out on top.

Happy that we had 18 assists (doubt thiers), not too many fouls or TOs. Gotta improve free throws and can't allow so many offensive RBs like we did

Also meant to congratulate Hubbs on a good game. I hope his knee is really better because we need him. Also appears he talked to the refs about how he constantly gets fouled on midrange shots.

Wasn't talking about you in particular, fwiw. :hi:

But they were only up by like two the entire game. I think we deserved to win.

Had two out of bounds calls called wrong against us, several no contact fouls against us, missed charge call, that weird out of control foul thing (I could go on)...I thought we were going to lose, but I never really felt like the game was out of reach.

It was never out of reach, but we just never could close the gap and pull ahead. Every break seemed to be going their way. That was my point. I just had the feeling we'd never take the lead. Ole Miss seemed to match our every move, and then some at times. We weren't shooting well from outside so the equalizer (3 point shot) wasn't in our favor either.

@Govols247:In addition to the undisclosed injuries Robert Hubbs has been battling, he woke up this morning feeling like he had the flu. Tough week.

It was never out of reach, but we just never could close the gap and pull ahead. Every break seemed to be going their way. That was my point. I just had the feeling we'd never take the lead. Ole Miss seemed to match our every move, and then some at times. We weren't shooting well from outside so the equalizer (3 point shot) wasn't in our favor either.
Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, totally agree. Glad Turner, Bowden, and Schofield made impact threes and Hubbs stepped up.

I don't think they will make the NCAA tournament but , I'm very impressed how well this team has played this season with very little experience. Many bright years ahead for this squad .

One of the important aspects of this win is that it prevented the MSU loss from turning into a 2 game losing streak. Stops some of the negativity from building up.

Reactions: 1 person
@Govols247:In addition to the undisclosed injuries Robert Hubbs has been battling, he woke up this morning feeling like he had the flu. Tough week.

Yes, I noticed he didn't look like he felt well..

I am glad to have Hubbs on our team.

I don't think they will make the NCAA tournament but , I'm very impressed how well this team has played this season with very little experience. Many bright years ahead for this squad .

I don't think they will either, but making the NIT is a step forward.

Big win, got to listen to the 2nd half. If Hubbs can keep playing with the same intensity we are going to be a tournament team.

VN Store

Back