The Official Tennessee vs. North Carolina State Game Thread, 2:30 PM ET, ESPN2

Definitely see us being ranked in the top 25 after this. Beat a team who had beaten 2nd ranked Arizona...although granted it looks like Az didn't deserve that ranking with two bad losses in this tourney...but still. Had a 12 pt lead on Nova....looks like things getting good with men's basketball.

Purdue lost to WKU though.

Good to hear. I hope TN has votes and is just outside of the Top 25.

I guess this goes along with u wanting us to lose to 'Nova, so we don't get too cocky? If so, I disagree and want in the Top 25, now and hopefully stay there for the rest of the year

I guess this goes along with u wanting us to lose to 'Nova, so we don't get too cocky? If so, I disagree and want in the Top 25, now and hopefully stay there for the rest of the year

That's a lie. I said that "maybe" losing to Villanova is better in the long run for this group. I never said that I'm glad they did lose or that I wanted them to lose.

ButterBean's team played great in the pre-conference schedule and folded shortly into the SEC schedule. "Maybe" that team would have closed out strong had they not peaked in December.

Kyle is getting better almost every time out. He's still got work to do but you can see his confidence growing and playing against all these 7 foot plus guys has really helped him grow. He will be a force come tournament time! :rock:

That's a lie. I said that "maybe" losing to Villanova is better in the long run for this group. I never said that I'm glad they did lose or that I wanted them to lose.

ButterBean's team played great in the pre-conference schedule and folded shortly into the SEC schedule. "Maybe" that team would have closed out strong had they not peaked in December.

My bad, TGO. Don't bite my head off, I just misinterpreted u. We both want UT to have a great season and make the NCAA Tourney, so, Go Vols !

Great tournament. Awesome start to the season.
Takeaway... The guys really need to work on passing, way too many lazy ones over the course of those 3 games.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to crack the top 25 when we currently don't have a single vote. It'll be nice being in the running though.

Very proud of the guys and coaches. We are finally deep and we're finishing games stronger than our opponents. We still have a lot of room for improvement but we're getting there.

VN Store

Back