The Official Tennessee vs. Murray State Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

1 turnover in the second half.

We were worried at halftime, but their O was very efficient in all facets, they just needed to rebound better.......ST was going to cool off.

Who knew their O would be even more efficient......it was really good.....especially with the turnovers. They also ran a much better “set” O.

Reactions: Larkin
Cmon man, you’ve watched basketball before - some nights the ball just doesn’t fall. LT’s been scoring consistently for 3 years and will continue to score well in most of his games this season
He must not watch a lot of basketball if he doesn’t understand that shooters can be streaky. I mean the man had 14 assist in a college game with ZERO turnovers. That’s insane! He was rebounding and playing defense well too. The difference between this year and last year is that he would have kept chucking up 3’s to get out of the slump, but instead he was passing the ball extremely well and playing great D.

Bowden is in several mock drafts as a 2nd round pick. If he continues to be more aggressive on the offensive side of the ball with the way he plays defense, I have no doubt he will be drafted
Yup, my prediction of Bowden being a draft pick isn’t new. Several of us discussed this back in the spring. He has all of the tools to make it in the NBA, he just lacked the aggression. He showed that aggression tonight and if he keeps it up off year he’ll get drafted. His midrange game and his quick release makes him really good. His defense is impressive too.

Reactions: The Dog
He must not watch a lot of basketball if he doesn’t understand that shooters can be streaky. I mean the man had 14 assist in a college game with ZERO turnovers. That’s insane! He was rebounding and playing defense well too. The difference between this year and last year is that he would have kept chucking up 3’s to get out of the slump, but instead he was passing the ball extremely well and playing great D.

I do watch basketball. I said he did a great job of distributing the ball, and zero turnovers is fantastic. But, we don't have a lot of scorers, and we need him to contribute.

It is very possible to enjoy a win and still see areas that need improvement at the same time.

Now if only the lightbulb can come on for James......

I thought he played decently on defense and moved the ball well with his passes, but looks unconformable shooting and dribbling. At the same time, I'm not concerned. I'm confident Barnes will work hard to get the most out of him as the season progresses.

Lol in just 3 days Tennessee beat Kentucky in football.

The Lady Vols beat ND.

#1 Kentucky lost to Evansville A&M State.

Memphis basketball lost.....even with an
ineligible player.

And Tennessee won in basketball.......and looked amazing in the 2nd half doing it.

Dang, what else is coming this week? I wish I bough lottery tickets.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
I thought he played decently on defense and moved the ball well with his passes, but looks unconformable shooting and dribbling. At the same time, I'm not concerned. I'm confident Barnes will work hard to get the most out of him as the season progresses.
He's definitely a "high-ceiling" guy. Not worried.

The Lady Vols beat ND.

ineligible player.

And Tennessee won in basketball.......and looked amazing in the 2nd half doing it.

Auburn losing would have made this week utterly immune to bad vibes.

How did Pons only have 4 blocks? I swear he was everywhere. That last rejection where he dropped from top of the key was insane.

Reactions: Stoked
Bowden is in several mock drafts as a 2nd round pick. If he continues to be more aggressive on the offensive side of the ball with the way he plays defense, I have no doubt he will be drafted

Let's revisit when we play teams in the upcoming season that isn't our next practice game.

Pons better slow down or he might be in a couple of those before the end of the year.
He's still a little rough around the edges, but his athleticism will get quick attention from NBA scouts with performances like the last couple of games.

I do watch basketball. I said he did a great job of distributing the ball, and zero turnovers is fantastic. But, we don't have a lot of scorers, and we need him to contribute.

It is very possible to enjoy a win and still see areas that need improvement at the same time.
He was directly responsible for setting up other players to score the ball 14 times. That’s at least 28 points a lone. If he’s not hot there’s no need for him to keep chucking it up. He did the right thing and drove to the basket and dished it out for others to score.

I can guarantee you though if we needed him to shoot a big time shot he would have drained it. He’s shown us so many times he’s the guy to do it. Him and Bowden will take turns being the leading scorer each night. His assist will go down and his points will go up. He did what was needed tonight and it wasn’t lead the team in scoring. It’s exactly what you want your pg to do, take care of the ball and distribute the ball.

Reactions: kiddiedoc

The Lady Vols beat ND.

ineligible player.

Penn st lost and Bama lost. Yeah life is good

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back