The Official Tennessee vs. #20 Missouri Game Thread, 7:30pm ET, ESPN

Coleman graduating is a plus for the 2015 defense. He's just not a man cover corner.

I watched him when he played for the Brunswick (GA) high school team, and could never figure out how he got a scholarship to UT.

He would have been a good strong safety, with more size. As a corner, he earned the nickname "Toast". At UT.

Thanks, and so long...

Go Vols.

Was it an awful decision? Heck yes. Was the whole game pathetically coached? Please explain.

First off, do we have more than 5 plays in our offensive playbook? What about not even ATTEMPTING points with almost 2 minutes left before half and with 2 TO's left? Then wasting the TO on the TD drive when we were on the 1 and about to score anyway? I left out quite a bit, too much to list from this performance. I'm pi$$ed.

B3GSc9dIUAAqRWf.jpg:large
Offsides? 1st Attempt
B3GSHLkIUAAAbY4.jpg
Another angle

Doesn't look offsides to me either. Good captions! moot point but definitely good captions. Sort of like when we played the last bowl game against NC and were called for "spearing" w/ the helmet on a sideline pass that kept their drive going to win. Defender clearly lead and hit with the shoulder.
B3GWDGCCIAAKH-U.png

Ah well, we have to gain respect the old fashioned way .... we have to earn it.

Reactions: 1 person
They looked like Freshman tonight but they will grow and develop into a championship team. This team will be as good as the offensive line allows next year.

I havent followed recruiting much yet but -- do they have some decent olinemen coming in ?

any players out partying tonight should be kicked off the team - those 2 idiots last week cost their school and team a much needed win

I hope the charges turn out to be true now. If they were bogus, may God have mercy on that girl's soul.

How many wins next year? It will be year 3 so how many wins for next season to be considered a success?

Minimum 8.....look where we have been as a program. You just can't keep firing people and kids transferring. We need stability and Butch is getting the peices to run his program. You can see bright spots here and their...still need Oline and running backs. But we are getting their

Tonight's close loss just shines even more light on exactly how bad that earlier loss to Florida was. Had we not failed miserably in that game, we're in a better place mentally tonight after losing a hard fought game to a good Missouri team. However, as things stand, we're right where we were last season: having to beat Vandy to go bowling. Not a good place to be. It isn't right. Not for Tennessee.

This team fights hard. They are more athletic. However, we still have a loooooong way to go. It's just darn depressing to still be looking up from inside a hole after these last several years. The damage that Derek Dooley did during his tenure is beyond description. Coach Jones didn't get it done tonight. Bad management of time at the end (the worst scenario). However, I like the fake FG call earlier. Just wish he hadn't fallen apart in the 4th qtr.

Oh well, on to Vandy.

Reactions: 1 person
HE called the game not to lose instead to win. I was afraid this would happen tonight. I'm not satisfied that he is going to make it in the SEC. I know we struggled up front tonight I kinda expected us to. What I didn't expect was for him to call the games scared. Beat candy and get to a bowl.

Dobbs had no time. It was a Worley nightmare going on there. Their defense is probably the best we've faced, and that includes Bama. Considering how bad our O line is, we battled to an 8 pt loss. The OC is limited by the talent on the field, but you go read any message board from any losing team this week, and every one of them will complain about the play calling. It's a standard complaint

First off, do we have more than 5 plays in our offensive playbook? What about not even ATTEMPTING points with almost 2 minutes left before half and with 2 TO's left? Then wasting the TO on the TD drive when we were on the 1 and about to score anyway? I left out quite a bit, too much to list from this performance. I'm pi$$ed.

Then say bad coaching on final drives of halfs, not say the entire game. Did you think repeat of Kentucky output? Missouri has a really good defense dude.

the media hates us until we are relevant again. Untill we get there, we will still get screwed (see FU game since 97).

10 yrs running "next yr will be our yr". We are catching up to the Cubs and the dreaded goat.

I did frame-by-frame through the kick. When the ball leaves the tee, everyone still looks onsides. One guy might be leaning across the 35, but that's it. His feet are onsides.

VN Store

Back