The Official Tennessee vs. #11 Kansas Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, ESPN

We were playing our zone, it's an aggressive style and our guys are having issues closing out properly and putting 2 hands on guys, we weren't going with the Hack a Hawk strategy bro

We were watching two different games then.

Our match up zone wasn't the issue. Actually, one of the better schemes given our players. We could have played straight defense once they managed to get the ball in the post in non-trapping situations. But we didn't. We were very aggressive. Either a block or a foul. I'm fine with that. But acting like we were playing straight up defense is ridiculous. If that's the case, we need to practice quite a bit on playing straight up defense.

Reactions: 1 person
BTO do you think this zone will work in the SEC obviously right now they are still learning but once it is mastered I think with the length of this team is going to give oppents fits with trying to find open passing lanes. Wht are your thoughts?

It'll work anywhere when the players are executing correctly. Seems to work ok for Louisville.

Reactions: 1 person
I think that the game Sunday will be a close one and am looking forward to seeing if Marquette runs the Duke system.

VN Store

Back