The Official Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

With tonight's loss, Vandy has tied the consecutive regular season conference loss record in SEC, tying Alabama 1968-1970 loss record.

A loss Wednesday, and Vandy will take sole possession of that record!

Reactions: sport3500
I went out to run some errands at halftime. Saw the final score and realized that we scored as many second half points as Vandy had all game. Nice.

Reactions: StarRaider
Yes and it should have been Pons instead of Bowden. Like, that’s a no brainer imo.

Uros was getting smoked up top as well.

Maybe. Pons is a good help defender when a guy is driving but sometimes struggles when he has to read passes and in the open court.

The only other position in that zone for Uros would be in the middle of the 3. Even if slow, his length of top should help.

So I saw we gave a walk-on currently on the team a scholarship after the game. Anyone know how that affects us with recruiting? Seems like an odd move, but maybe there is a loophole compliance is working around.

So I saw we gave a walk-on currently on the team a scholarship after the game. Anyone know how that affects us with recruiting? Seems like an odd move, but maybe there is a loophole compliance is working around.
He probably is a senior and it comes free again after this year

Reactions: cardvolfan
Much needed win. Fulky played good, uros played good, Bowden back? Two side notes... what a cuck move for the vandy fans cheering for a three. I honestly believe all 5 of their fans would’ve erupted if they made that last shot. And, Jerry stackhouse seems much more likeable than penny.
I was thinking the same thing about Stackhouse vs Penny The Punk.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Pretty bad though

I mean, I guess... .

We're a middle-of-the-road SEC team. Why people are acting like this'll be one of the worst teams in Tennessee basketball history is beyond me, I can think of at least five SEC teams that are easily worse than us. Not that that's great, but the incessant whining over how bad this team is grows tiresome.

Just checked the box score on ESPN... Vandy was 0-25 from 3 point range?!?!?

That has to be some kind of record for most attempts without a make, doesn't it? Holy ****. LOL!

It’s the first game where Vandy didn’t score a 3 pointer in over 30 years. Their fans were screaming for a 3 at the end but it never came.

Tennessee is not as bad as some people are making them out to be.

Perhaps, but let's face it: this Vandy team might just be the worst team the SEC has had in quite some time. Still, if this turns out to be the night that gets Jordan Bowden back on track, then maybe, just maybe, our Vols can find a way to get back into the NCAAT discussion.

VN Store

Back