The Official Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I’m so excited, it’s game day...
tumblr_mbqr1xlqx71r2e4eh.gif

You still excited?

So this year we beat two teams that we shouldn't have, that were hung over from the week before. The rest of the season we got dismantled by teams we should have been more competitive with.

What reason(s) do we have for optimism next year? Why should we expect a better season next year? I personally see a 6 win team, I expect much of the momentum we established with some or undecided recruits to pass. I don't see that pie in the sky class people are hoping for. I see a mediocre class by SEC standards, somewhere in the 5 to 6 range and top 20 nationally but that isn't going to get us there we need to be unless we develop talent...... And unfortunately I didn't see a lot of talent developed and or maximized.

That isn't too say Pruitt isn't the guy, but he is going to have to learn how to maximize talent and develop it. He isn't going to be handed the keys to a Ferrari at TN like he was at GA or AL. Next year is very important for him and we will have a little more indication of what we have in a head coach by the end of next season. Until then, it's wait and see.

IF he's our starter next year--6-6 is the best we'll be. Good grief, boys, if you can't see how pathetic his timing is in throwing the ball tonight then there is really NO HOPE for you. He's tough....but once again, HE's one of CBJ's MULES that you can't train to compete with thoroughbreds.

For me it isn't just tonight, you can actually see it in Fingers practice threads. To be fair I saw similar in Finger's CBJ practice threads. Throwing on time is a function of practice and on reads. Getting to Grier or Schumer level is another story for which JG isn't even close yet. Even then there is no guarantee you succeed on Sundays.

So this year we beat two teams that we shouldn't have, that were hung over from the week before. The rest of the season we got dismantled by teams we should have been more competitive with.

What reason(s) do we have for optimism next year? Why should we expect a better season next year? I personally see a 6 win team, I expect much of the momentum we established with some or undecided recruits to pass. I don't see that pie in the sky class people are hoping for. I see a mediocre class by SEC standards, somewhere in the 5 to 6 range and top 20 nationally but that isn't going to get us there we need to be unless we develop talent...... And unfortunately I didn't see a lot of talent developed and or maximized.

That isn't too say Pruitt isn't the guy, but he is going to have to learn how to maximize talent and develop it. He isn't going to be handed the keys to a Ferrari at TN like he was at GA or AL. Next year is very important for him and we will have a little more indication of what we have in a head coach by the end of next season. Until then, it's wait and see.

We need to evaluate and answer your first paragraph. It's a good question because on the one hand it's a cause for optimism but on the other a definite head scratcher.

Look on the bright side. In a few years, those Vandy players will be out of football and working in the real world. Our players will be...oh...wait...working for the Vandy players...

Reactions: Titan05
Unless we get hit with a huge load of bad new and bad luck, I expect 9 wins (including bowl) to be the floor next year in a schedule friendly season.

BYU at home is the toughest OOC game and they are certainly beatable. I expect to win that one by about 10 or more.
SECWest: at AL; MissSt home.

If memory serves me correctly: KY, Vandy, Mizzou, SCAR, FL and MissSt are all senior-starter laden teams. We lose a handful of starters, all on defense.

Mizzou is not SR laden,Lose two OL,QB,1 WR on offense...return all 3 RB, 2 TE,3 OL, 3 WR on offense. Return every DE,1 DT, 1 LB ,FS, and Both CB.

Unless we get hit with a huge load of bad new and bad luck, I expect 9 wins (including bowl) to be the floor next year in a schedule friendly season.

BYU at home is the toughest OOC game and they are certainly beatable. I expect to win that one by about 10 or more.
SECWest: at AL; MissSt home.

If memory serves me correctly: KY, Vandy, Mizzou, SCAR, FL and MissSt are all senior-starter laden teams. We lose a handful of starters, all on defense.

Miss St will have a better QB next yr than Fitzgerald. Simmons is a load at DT. I’m not sure about the rest of their team.

Miss St will have a better QB next yr than Fitzgerald. Simmons is a load at DT. I’m not sure about the rest of their team.
You underestimate Fitzgerald’s ability to execute the read-option. He’s their most decorated QB in school history and is a legitimate candidate for the college football hall of fame.

VN Store

Back