The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Glad they're getting a new stadium but I hate it being domed. Football is meant to be played outdoors.

It still has to be voted on.

The state kicking in on a $2.2B project for Nashville has my future voting attention. Lies, lies, and money. (And I recognize none of that really matters)

It still has to be voted on.

The state kicking in on a $2.2B project for Nashville has my future voting attention. Lies, lies, and money. (And I recognize none of that really matters)

It was that or a $1.8B project to renovate the current stadium. Part of the provisions in the stadium’s lease require its condition to be kept on par with other sports venues built around the same period it was…so it looks like it was contractually going to have to be one or the other at the end of the day.

It was that or a $1.8B project to renovate the current stadium. Part of the provisions in the stadium’s lease require its condition to be kept on par with other sports venues built around the same period it was…so it looks like it was contractually going to have to be one or the other at the end of the day.

Yeah, I don’t believe that estimate was genuine. The end game was a new stadium cuz Jerry World.

This needs to be put on the ballot! People are going through hard times right now and can barely afford to buy food to feed their families. We have the Vols and this state does not need the NFL!

Last edited:
I laugh every time I see the argument that it's the tax payers money. It's not. It's the government's money to use in accordance with the laws and regulations.

They are not going to lower your taxes if they don't build a new stadium. You may be concerned they raise your taxes because they did. They will always use what they collect plus more through the issuance of debt. But the state tax rate has remained the same for a long time and there is a balanced budget requirement. So if you get added local taxes, take that up with your elected officials.

Last edited:
Reactions: tvolsfan
To clarify I’m not laughing at people struggling, laughing at the fact Tennessee doesn’t need the Titans and old Vol fans still pissy at the Titans for coming in.

You are also laughing at the poor. Don't fib. Your stupid team has done nothing but dissapoint for 23 stinking years. If the NFL cant pony up the money, it is time for them to go and stink up the joint somewhere else.

I laugh every time I see the argument that it's the tax payers money. It's not. It's the government's money to use in accordance with the laws and regulations.

They are not going to lower your taxes if they don't build a new stadium. You may be concerned they raise your taxes because they did. They will always use what they collect plus more through the issuance of debt. But the state tax rate has remained the same for a long time and there is a balanced budget requirement. So if you get added local taxes, take that up with your elected officials.

The people should have a voice about how our tax dollars are wasted. Our roads are in terrible condition, but let's all waste tax dollars on a palace for the rich. Again, This needs to be on the ballot.

Last edited:
Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
The people should have a voice about how our tax dollars are wasted. Our roads are in terrible condition, but let's all waste tax dollars on a palace for the rich. Again, This needs to be on the ballot.

I see you’re past the “making up facts” stage and just showing you’re a miserable person.

I can’t imagine giving that much energy to something you clearly despise, but maybe you have nothing better to do.

I see you’re past the “making up facts” stage and just showing you’re a miserable person.

I can’t imagine giving that much energy to something you clearly despise, but maybe you have nothing better to do.

When Peyton was drafted by Indy, the majority in this state cheered for the Colts to beat the Titans every year. If VOL fans are happy siting in an old stadium and peeing in a troth, why can Nashville not be content and find a more conservative compromise?

Let this be put on the ballot, so those who live outside of Nashville can have a say.

This needs to be put on the ballot! People are going through hard times right now and can barely afford to buy food to feed their families. We have the Vols and this state does not need the NFL!
The Titans are a big part of my life, and a lot of other people’s in this state. It’s fine if you disagree with taxpayer money being spent on it, and I can see why you would feel that way. However, you don’t speak for all of us.

Reactions: tvolsfan
The Titans are a big part of my life, and a lot of other people’s in this state. It’s fine if you disagree with taxpayer money being spent on it, and I can see why you would feel that way. However, you don’t speak for all of us.
Just like local politicians with loaded pockets, I shouldn't be the only voice.

VN Store

Back