The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

The TE group was the one bright spot. Even after Walker went down, the other guys played decent enough.

The TE group was the one bright spot. Even after Walker went down, the other guys played decent enough.
TEs did need to step up in a big way. But this team needed a seasoned (not horrible) play caller. I feel this will lead to being one game away again

TEs did need to step up in a big way. But this team needed a seasoned (not horrible) play caller. I feel this will lead to being one game away again
See my post before that one. Im not a fan of the move

I don’t think it’s a bad hire. He’s been a very good position coach for a number of years now under 3 different head coaches. The fact that both Mularkey and Vrabel opted to retain him says quite a bit.

He’s also, perhaps most importantly, more familiar with Mariota than anyone, having literally coached in the same offense as him since he entered the league.

I’m pretty indifferent for the most part. It’s definitely not a splash, but we got one of those last year and it didn’t work out. Unless a proven, established OC was available, an up and coming position coach was likely anyway. Might as well be our own.

Something is going on at Baptist Sports Park. It's way to quiet over there. My only guess (rumors around our Golf Course where several Titans are members) is that somebody in the Patriots organization is high on the list. No! I did not and never talk to the players about anything like this.:)
Way wrong on that!

Good TE coach hire in Todd Downing. QB, OC, and TE coaching experience. Adds another seasoned voice to the O-coaches.

Not getting the raining on the Smith parade. He has 8 years experience in the org under 4 different HC's and their OC's. He has seen what works and what doesn't with the roster. Vrabel knows how he wants to achieve with his offense. If 30 year olds can step in with a couple seasons of experience and get it done in other orgs, not really understanding why a guy like Smith cannot with his experience and all the love he gets from the players on the roster as well as his HC. They could have easily hired outside the org if they wanted to, but chose continuity of system and fine tuning to the roster they have. Smart move IMO.

According to ESPN's Field Yates, the Titans have released reserve QB Austin Davis.
It’s just a pipe dream.....but I wish they would make an offer for Carr. Gruden doesn’t care for him and he flat loved Marcus out of college.

It’s just a pipe dream.....but I wish they would make an offer for Carr. Gruden doesn’t care for him and he flat loved Marcus out of college.

Not sure that’s an upgrade. Marcus has had a higher QBR than Carr in every season of his career, and almost certainly has a better record too.

Heck no. Take a look at what Dak Prescott did with Cooper, then look what Carr did with Cooper.

D-Thomas being released by the Texans - probably a cap move because of his torn Achilles injury. He says he still wants to play. Potential pick up for somebody to get a seasoned vet in the rotation.

MS State's Simmons has an ACL injury. So that shelves him from playing time on the D-line this next season for whoever drafts him. Probably will drop him down some. He was projected to go by the 12th pick. Could be good value pick for somebody willing to wait a year.

MS State's Simmons has an ACL injury. So that shelves him from playing time on the D-line this next season for whoever drafts him. Probably will drop him down some. He was projected to go by the 12th pick. Could be good value pick for somebody willing to wait a year.

It could be a good pick but it's way too risky you never know how someone will recover from an injury especially something like an ACL injury.

VN Store

Back