The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

As much as I want to weigh in on the O makeover, I have to temper it until I see the OC hire. I know what I want to see. We need both the draft and FA to hit the jackpot this off season no matter which way they go. If Vrabs is going to play favorites and just dawdle along doing what he has been doing on O, it will not matter IMO.

The O-line sucks - just plain awful. Having Henry is meaningless without an O-line that can block for his style running because he does not pass pro. The D's know he is to be featured in the run game and used as a receiver in the pass game when he is in there. The scheme telegraphs it - he doesn't block. I do not believe they can remake the O-line soon enough to dominate the D-lines in the league before Henry's usefulness is over. That is how they had their success before, they could then play action pass effectively. If they attempt to do just that anyway, they have to invest big in the O-line and hope to grab a speed WR that can stay healthy. It will mean less investment in the D and I simply do not believe they can afford that and still win at a playoff level.

If the O scheme evolves to current times, trade Henry while he can still bring good value. To me it is the key to the lock. I would rather increase the emphasis in the passing game with talented receivers and an O-line that accommodates it than grind out yet another .500 season with Henry. They can wait on the franchise QB or sign a Purdy type to be ready to step in when Tanny's time is over or he is injured.

I agree. Go with the real deal instead of a Liberty Flame-out who could not win the job at Auburn. It's time the pro team in this state recognizes and drafts the obvious players that fit them from down the road that the rest of the NFL knows about. How would we feel about the O-line if they had drafted Trey Smith as an example. We would say one spot is held for a decade by one of the very best G's in the league, go focus on the other positions. Now we have an often injured RG in Davis who is due an extension and nobody at LG to go with a good, but nearing retirement C and no LT. Brilliant.

HH, Darnell Wright, and Jalin Hyatt. Even Carvin and Young should be on their radar for positions of need. I hope they wake up, but doubt the do since they never have before.

Last edited:
It could be the complete opposite, but I've seen several articles come out that athletes hate it because they believe it leads to more knee injuries.

Is there actual data to back that up? Because you went from it's an increase in injuries to athletes believe it leads to more injuries.

While I don't doubt the players prefer grass, I can't imagine any of them preferring the condition Titans' field has been for years over this new turf. I'm pretty sure Titans' field has been voted one of the worst in the NFL for years.

VN Store

Back