The Official Tennessee Titans Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cox is good, but wouldn't fetch a first-rounder in a trade. The Eagles were trying to offer us less to move down to #20 than the Redskins gave the Rams to move down to #6.

Titans talking with Von Bell. With the Browns signing RGIII they may be moving on from drafting a QB in the 1st. Von could be a candidate for that Round 2/3 safety they talked about.

Reactions: 1 person
Titans talking with Von Bell. With the Browns signing RGIII they may be moving on from drafting a QB in the 1st. Von could be a candidate for that Round 2/3 safety they talked about.

It would have only taken 3 years but Vonn Bell may finally come home to Tennessee!

I think Bell and Alexander could both fall to the second round. I would be happy with either. I would probably go with Bell though.

NFL Rumor Central: Titans ownership situation still up in the air? - NFL Rumor Central- ESPN

Tennessee Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk expressed optimism over the weekend about resolving the team's ownership structure, telling ESPN: "Every month we’re getting closer to what [the NFL wants]. It’s going to get resolved. We’re not worried about that at all."

But according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, there is still reason to worry. Florio hears from a source that the team's ownership situation is "a mess," and "the possibility of a forced sale [is] still very real." More specifically, Florio hears that "the three family members remain unable to solve control issues in a way that ensures one, and only one, of them will control the team going forward." He adds that some in league circles believe Kennett Adams IV, grandson of previous owner Bud Adams, "may be inclined to push for a sale of the franchise if he ultimately doesn't have a path to ownership and control."

Titans president Steve Underwood offered a comment in the PFT article, saying, "Anonymous sources related to Titans ownership are always unreliable and misinformed, which is why they are always anonymous."

There's still a lot to play out here, but it's possible that more changes could be coming in Tennessee.

So who is the starting corners this season?

McCourty (on one side if healthy?)
Blake or Cox? (I'm thinking Blake opposite!)

With Searcy & Johnson on the back end that's a pretty good upgrade over last season's Secondary then add in say Vonn Bell in the 2nd rd.

excited about this guy!

Another solid pickup. It's both pleasing and refreshing to see the Titans being so active. If Robinson can draft as well as he has handled free agency, the Titans are in good hands.

Speaking of the draft, I wonder if the Johnson signing speaks anything as to what they plan on doing with the top pick. Could it be a sign pointing towards Tunsil?

Another solid pickup. It's both pleasing and refreshing to see the Titans being so active. If Robinson can draft as well as he has handled free agency, the Titans are in good hands.

Speaking of the draft, I wonder if the Johnson signing speaks anything as to what they plan on doing with the top pick. Could it be a sign pointing towards Tunsil?

I think its been Tunsil all along as they didn't really push for any of the top FA OTs so unless they can get a team to sell the farm for the #1 pick its Tunsil.

The guy has been overwhelming favorite to be one of the top 3 picks and the can't miss prospect since last years draft and that hasn't changed through the college football season or even during the combine.

I think its been Tunsil all along as they didn't really push for any of the top FA OTs so unless they can get a team to sell the farm for the #1 pick its Tunsil.

The guy has been overwhelming favorite to be one of the top 3 picks and the can't miss prospect since last years draft and that hasn't changed through the college football season or even during the combine.

I think they like B-Bell enough to pass on the FA's. They plan to use him exclusively at RT. So if the pick is Tunsil, there could be ample development time before pushing him in there. Tunsil may be the guy, but they keep promoting their desire to trade down for the right deal. May be a smokescreen though. Tunsil solves an issue for sure.

Love the R-Johnson deal. With V-Bell coming in and it appears Kearse as well, they've got a couple of second round candidates with upside for the S of the future. They've interviewed a couple of TE's including a work-out of Cal's.

Have got to stop getting my hopes up. Robinson is acting like he knows what he is doing way too much for me to get comfortable.

Im hoping its the de from Ohio State.

Matt Cassel now a Titan. He's moved around a lot the nfl with the pats, chiefs, vikings, if I recall right Bills not for long, and Cowboys. A decent backup qb so Titans have a good option if Mariota gets injured.
He's makes me think of Kenny Lofton in that way.

Im hoping its the de from Ohio State.

Matt Cassel now a Titan. He's moved around a lot the nfl with the pats, chiefs, vikings, if I recall right Bills not for long, and Cowboys. A decent backup qb so Titans have a good option if Mariota gets injured.
He's makes me think of Kenny Lofton in that way.

Lol not at all. He was terrible for the Vikings and even worse for the Cowboys

Watched some of Tunsils Pro Day on the NFL Net this morning and Mularkey & Robinson were front and center just feet away from him in his drills. The guy is a freak of nature!! He is so quick on his feet and smooth!

Unless he gets injured the guy could become one of the best tackles in NFL history some of the Net guys were comparing him to Orlando Pace!

One other thing was Dick LeBeau was there watching Robert Nkemdiche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back