The Official Tennessee @ Mississippi State Game Thread, 9:00pm ET, SEC Network

Smh, they were clowning around on the plane after the game. They didn't even mention Miss St or the game, how is that no showing class or acting like its unusual to win?

Surely you can find something better to ***** about.

That's why I was asking what he was meaning.......that is extremely tame stuff and a way of CDT to let his team have fun and know the importance of a road win.

Reactions: 1 person
That's why I was asking what he was meaning.......that is extremely tame stuff and a way of CDT to let his team have fun and know the importance of a road win.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating a SEC road win as long as the opposing team was not smeared or geared in any form or fashion. In this case, I didn't hear a negative word from coach or Josh. It was classy and very tastefully done.

Heck I'm riding on the HAPPY Plane with them and so should all of Volnation. GBO:clapping:

Last edited:
Wow, how this has gotten blown out of context...and to call them or me low class lefteye, is totally uncalled for. I made no mention of such. However, my point is not that they should not have fun after an important win. I was simply stating that don't make it so dramatic or sound so unusual...I want them to win every game...Act like you have been there before, is that being unreasonable?

Wow, how this has gotten blown out of context...and to call them or me low class lefteye, is totally uncalled for. I made no mention of such. However, my point is not that they should not have fun after an important win. I was simply stating that don't make it so dramatic or sound so unusual...I want them to win every game...Act like you have been there before, is that being unreasonable?

I didn't call you low class, sorry if it sounded that way. Your first post said they should show class. How is "show class" suppose to be interpreted? They were having fun on the plane at NOBODIES expense.

And in this case yes.

I didn't call you low class, sorry if it sounded that way. Your first post said they should show class. How is "show class" suppose to be interpreted? They were having fun on the plane at NOBODIES expense.

And in this case yes.

:salute:

Act like you have been there before, is that being unreasonable?

Piney, maybe I missed a post or two but I was just commenting on the guys celebrating. It seemed as if someone (and I don't know who) had said the guys or coach were celebrating in a distasteful manner.

Then I saw your post quoted above. I just want to know if you thought maybe they went overboard with the celebration? The reason I'm asking is because this was actually the first time for most of the team members. They've never been in this particular position before in their Collegiate career. I thought it was cool for them to be on the "Happy Plane". I only thought that meant they were happy about a SEC road win.

Hey, I am all for winning anytime anyplace for the University of Tennessee. I understand this is a inexperienced group of young men and this is all new to them. As a matter of fact I am quite pleased with the way they are playing.

The SEC officiating commissioner hires about 60 officials each year to referee SEC basketball. So no, there are actually SEC referees. Whether those SEC referees work other conferences is up to that referee.

Q&A with SEC officiating coordinator:

Q&A with SEC basketball officiating coordinator Jake Bell, who wants better SEC refs | AL.com

He also says they're independant contractors that are free to go where they want or can. So being hired by the SEC just means they're employed by the SEC, in addition to the ACC or Sun Belt etc. Only half stick strictly to the SEC.

I've seen Teddy Valentine in Knoxville on a Tuesday night and Wednesday he's in West Lafayette doing a Purdue game. Would Teddy not be considered a SEC ref and a B1G ref?

So yes, there are some who are strictly one conference, my mistake. But there are just as many doing multiple conferences. Unless you just hate a coach or team, I'd say a bias formation is harder to come by if you're doing multiple conferences and not tied to one where you see the same team(s) all the time.

VN Store

Back