The Official Tennessee @ Kentucky Series Thread (Fri. April 19 6:30PM EST) (Sat. April 20 2PM EST) (Sun. April 21 1PM EST) (All games on SECNET+)

Agree with everyone that it is beyond ridiculous to lock into TV programmed games months before the season and putting three of the best games this weekend on SECN+. I am going to be away from the home Friday and Saturday and got my fingers crossed I can use the iPad to find the game. It looks like the weather will be cool but not too breezy and no rain in the forecasts for game times. Go Vols and beat Kentucky. A sweep would be just what the doctor ordered at this point in the schedule.

Kentucky catcher Burkes who bats 3rd in lineup pulled up lame with hamstring issue while running from 3rd to home last night. Could be something to watch. If he doesn’t play I would expect the backup catcher to bat 8th or 9th. Usually out around week or so with even a minor hammy issue.

Coach Mingione has leveraged the portal very well and is considered an excellent tactician and recruiter. Mingling also studied the RPI and has created a very “RPI friendly” non-conference schedule. He comes from the John Cohen coaching tree.
Plus they use a self described “Josh Heupel” attack on offense where they constantly try to put pressure on the Pitcher and defense which includes aggressive baserunning, bunts, stealing bases, and the long ball. They have lots of antics and I expect it will be a chippy weekend at the Proud Skate Park!

Kentucky catcher Burkes who bats 3rd in lineup pulled up lame with hamstring issue while running from 3rd to home last night. Could be something to watch. If he doesn’t play I would expect the backup catcher to bat 8th or 9th. Usually out around week or so with even a minor hammy issue.
Don't want to hit the "like" button.
Really hate to see this with any athlete. It is such a short window to play.

I would make the ole joke that all we do is hit dongs "and chew bubble gum, and we're all out of bubble gum."

But we're never out of bubble gum.

Last edited:
KY is the only member of the SEC who has never been to the CWS. They were ranked #1 during the regular season during the 2012 season and completed the season as #11. With that said, this looks to be UK’s best season ever—especially if they end up hosting a Super Regional. This weekend will be a huge litmus test for UK.

This will be KY’s biggest baseball regular season series EVER! It will be packed and a wild atmosphere!
Unfortunately, they have the pitching and are built for that parking garage they call a stadium. Sadly, the Kats get the sweep.

Arkansas (32-5 | 12-3) takes the second game from Texas Tech (26-13 | 9-9) 4-5
Two close midweek games.

Arkansas travels east this week.
Hogs vs Chickens sounds like a Dickie's Barbecue combo.

TTU has lost 4 games in a row going 1-2 at TCU and 0-2 at Fayetteville. Raiders had won 8 straight before then

Arkansas jumps 4 spots to #2 in the RPI. Tech jumps 3 spots to 33 despite the 2 losses.

By the way, Tennessee neither lost or gained in RPI after last night as they remain #7. Bellarmine actually went up one spot to #287 as the Knights leapt ahead of Brown Bears. There are only 305 Division 1 teams. So, I'm surprised the Vols did not lose a spot

Reactions: txbo and gnm53108
D1 Releases their latest tournament predictions.

Sure this is a mental exercise but it is nice to see where we stand in the national media's eyes

(6) 1 Tennessee
2 Northeastern
3 TCU
4 Niagara

(11) 1 Wake Forest
2 UC Irvine
3 Texas Tech
4 Fresno State

Tell me that super regional game #1 would not be "interesting"

(1) Texas A&M Louisiana | Texas | South Dakota State
(16) West Virginia Virginia Tech | Rutgers | Wright State

(2) Arkansas Oklahoma| Lamar | Little Rock
(15) South Carolina Coastal Carolina | Boston College | USC Upstate (no way SC would win this region)

(3) Clemson Miss State| Kennesaw State| Sacred Heart
(14) Duke Vanderbilt | San Diego | Columbia (The poor Toreros in this Region of Yankee Pretentiousness)

(4) Kentucky Arizona | Ill-Chicago | Bowling Green
(13) Oklahoma State Dallas Baptists | Creighton | Grand Canyon

(5) Florida State Georgia | UCF | Florida A&M
(12) Indiana State Nebraska | Kansas State | Saint Louis

(6) Tennessee Northeastern | TCU | Niagara (Vols played NE in the 93 or 94 Knoxville region- Tom Glavine's brother was on that team_
(11) Wake Forest Irvine | Texas Tech | Fresno State

(7) North Carolina Oregon | Florida | Bryant
(10) Virginia Alabama | Utah | Georgetown

(8) Oregon State UC Santa Barbara | Portland | Army
(9) East Carolina NC State | Southern Miss | Samford (is there an Applebee's in Greenville?)

There's quite a few ACC and SEC schools paired up in supers. Not sure this can be helped as the teams are ranked now.

Reactions: gnm53108

VN Store

Back