The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

As cold as KT's bat has been lately, I might have tried PH someone else. Especially since he's banged up.
He is either hitting a home run or striking out. It doesn’t seem like a base hit is something he thinks about. With runners in scoring position that’s all that was needed. And he’s not alone in that approach. Cost them the bama series and the DL game this week. Very frustrating.

Reactions: TennEddie
I don’t think a double play can be assumed. I’m pretty sure you actually have to make the double play. The ump can’t say “well, he would have thrown him out anyway.” On that play, the ball was not caught and the batter was not thrown out at 1st. We missed an opportunity to review that one. Maybe there’s some strange rule about that kind of play not being reviewable?
Caught balls aren’t reviewable in the infield. I was referring to the fact that it would have been a DP even if the call had been correct.

Yeah but here’s a tip. Don’t bring a glove to a baseball game and attempt to catch the ball while leaning over the wall.
if you watch the replay, notice that the left fielder is still looking up as the ball hit the wall and drops. The fan’s glove appears to block his tracking of the ball.

if you watch the replay, notice that the left fielder is still looking up as the ball hit the wall and drops. The fan’s glove appears to block his tracking of the ball.
That’s the point. Act like you have, 1. Seen a baseball before in your life. 2. Stay out of the field of play. Ya wanna catch a ball in your mitt, stand on the other side of the wall. It wasn’t like he was a kid.

Welp, at least I ate about 5 LBS of crawfish and consumed about 10 pilsners tonight in Houston with family. @Volstylexx in your neck of the woods buddy. Technically in Pearland.
I went to a crayfish-boil birthday party a couple of weeks ago. Mudbugs for miles. It's the season. Glad you had a great night.

I think the 90 weather and double header put us at a big disadvantage. Boys looked worn out after the first 9.
Everyone(not you, all of us in general) is freaking out about our bats, wanting to “sit this guy and bench that guy”
I have never seen a baseball player “sit” his way out of a funk.
You have to let these guys play their way out of it and hope like heck they do, or...god forbid, you call in the big gun...Volstyle’s sister!!

Last edited:
Guess it's gonna be Zane vs Caglianone today. Outside of Mizzou, no one has really gone off on Cags. Can't depend on the long ball. Gonna have to try and manufacture some runs in this one and hope our pitching is up to the task. Tall order today.

VN Store

Back