The Official Tennessee @ Alabama Series Thread (Fri. March 15 8PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. March 16 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. March 17 2PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Ensley pinch hitting for Bargo - Line drive out to 3B'er.

Peebles - INF hit. Grounder to 3B; error on the 3B'er, safe at 1B.

Moore - Fly out to RF.

Burke - Base hit chopper up the middle between SS-2B.

*Runner on 2B and 1B. Potential tying run at the plate with 2 outs*

Amick - Pop fly to SS.

Bama wins 6-3. **** Bama.

17 game winning streak snapped.

Rubber match tomorrow for the series.

We got close but Bama got the cigars....Need to pull it together for Sunday and win the series. Last thing we needed was to play so poorly on defense and offense tonight. See y'all tomorrow.

Reactions: VolGirl81
Speaking of.. funny looking at the major league celebrations now and seeing how much ‘22 Tennessee probably influenced that.. and then the NCAA rips it away at the college level where it all started. Makes no sense.
Ridiculous how they are legislating the fun and passion out of college baseball. Just really not smart but it’s the NCAA.

I am the FIRST person to want an automated strike zone.

We have replay now to “get it right.” Well, why not get balls and strikes right? It is inane to have all these individual strike zone when the technology is there to get the calls right.
Since you quoted me, I'll respond.

I understand where you're coming from. I just love the human factor of umpires because that's the game I grew up with. I'm 50 now. I guess the rise of technology coupled with the decline of general human competence (not just baseball umps) means that's where baseball is headed. I've learned to accept the things I cannot change :)

Although it's a loss, there were positives. Both Drew and our defense overcame early shaky innings. We were competitive until the very last out. That says a lot.

CMo also bounced back strong at the plate today. We have a fresh bullpen.

Tomorrow is a new day and game. Go for the series. Let's hope the weather clears up for the game.

See y'all tomorrow!

VN Store

Back