The Official Tennessee @ #9 Florida Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN

Anyone watching Louisville at FSU? Embarrassing the lack of fans there. I'd say half empty. Of course, that will be us going forward unless the visiting team shows up in numbers
They got alot of money from A&M for Fishers buyout, so paying off the loser they hired wont be a problem

The problem with Tennessee is we just aren't getting the best players from anywhere. Not even our own home state, and when we do they either bust or can't play for whatever reason. This is a very solid coaching staff with some talent. Why can't we look like a competent team? I didn't expect to win but I thought we could play with them. If the staff can't change the "loser" culture they will lose what little they already have in the fold for this recruiting cycle. If that happens the writing is on the wall and we will be a doormat for another decade or more.

We may not be getting the “best” players but we are getting better talent than BYU, Ga State, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Missouri.

I sure don’t have the answers but I’m so tired of watching this. Surely the good fans of Tennessee deserve better don’t we? Go Vols. Change something guys.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
He never looked that way
That's the whole deal in a nutshell. JG can't help himself by looking off the DB's particularly the free safety. He gives himself away by looking down the receiver, so, in essence the receivers appear to be open but it's because the opposing DB's have learned thru film where to gravitate to. In most cases the dump-off swing pass to a back. Although he didn't look good against UTC JT Shrout got the ball out fast which doesn't give DB's time to get reads. Both he and Maurer would get better if they were given the same 4 yrs. as JG has had. We're just gonna have to suck it up as fans. Thee's no sense in promoting "empty Neyland", that will take care of itself.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Maurer had something going but 10 yards out of bounds on 3rd down? Jeez. He isn't the answer either. JG taught him how to rifle in a blazing fastball when guys are 3 yards away as well. Over 215 pages on gameday. The sheer multitude of this fanbase is clearly evident....and we are getting crapped on like i've never seen in my life.

Agree with all except giving up on Maurer, this is the first time he’s played with the first string, against a highly ranked SEC team, and he still moved the team down the field and looked comfortable doing it. Give him more time, geez.

VN Store

Back