The Official Tennessee @ #3 Kansas Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPN

but you can bet if Tn gets a 5* its usually always ends up being a 3* in reality and before anybody says Duke offered , he would not even see the floor at Duke.
we haven’t had a 5 star that played like a 3 star (other than maybe Hubbs with his injury). 4 stars, sure, but not 3

Edit: sorry, less nice than I wanted to be

Poor coaching ! Barnes got a lead and started substituting way too much and is too stubborn to play a zone defense

Lol

3 players got 2 fouls......it would have been “poor” coaching not to do some subbing and those players get 3 fouls.

Also the zone isn’t the end all vs a team with a good big......especially for a team that doesn’t play the zone a lot.

9 turnovers vs 3.......that’s the difference, and that’s not on the coach.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Thanks Mister Naismith.:rolleyes:
Never said I was, I like Barnes, however, I have never understood why some coaches, like Barnes, totally refuse to play a zone When there is an obvious mismatch down low. It’s basketball 101.. Don’t have to be Naismith to understand that

omg. how did u put up so many posts. must be O-L-D age. Anything for a point guard or drink. Heading oot Monday with hopes that surgeon will lift alcohol ban

Lol

3 players got 2 fouls......it would have been “poor” coaching not to do some subbing and those players get 3 fouls.

Also the zone isn’t the end all vs a team with a good big......especially for a team that doesn’t play the zone a lot.

9 turnovers vs 3.......that’s the difference, and that’s not on the coach.
Playing a zone also helps players that have 2 fouls. You’re not going to win this argument.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Never said I was, I like Barnes, however, I have never understood why some coaches, like Barnes, totally refuse to play a zone When there is an obvious mismatch down low. It’s basketball 101.. Don’t have to be Naismith to understand that
Naismith overrated imho... I mean a peach basket ?!?! Pfffft

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
At least we are in this game.
We just don’t yet have any quality depth to compete with teams with the talented players teams like Kansas have. We are getting better, but we lost 4 of last year’s players. We have some talent and Pons have progressed very well. We lost our point guard to injury and we are playing with a lot of players who are still learning the system. I think we will continue to improve as the season rolls along.

Enjoy your fantasy world, coach!:rolleyes:

If they could've got that third foul on the big guy for Kansas this would've been a game. If we can get him out early in the second half have a chance to win. He is totally the difference in this game to much for anyone we have to handle. If we had enough fouls just rather push him when he got position and let him shoot at the line.

See the floor. He’s actually a pretty solid shooter too. It’s not easy to do what he’s being asked to do. A lot of fans overrated him in their head.

He averages as many turnovers as assists. He’s shot 40% from the floor. Those don’t show what you are saying

Lol, I never said this was the worst UT BB team ever
I don’t know what your so irritated about bud, I’m pumped because it looks like we are well on our way to another moral victory trophy!!! I’m already clearing space in the old trophy cabinet for it but I gotta tell you with as many moral victory and participation trophies as UT has won over the past 15 years I’m not sure I’ll be able to find room!!! I guess I could always just start using the other case that’s for real trophies cuz it’s completely empty and lets be honest it’s prolly staying that way:)

VN Store

Back