The Official Tennessee @ #24 Florida Game Thread, 5:15 pm ET, ESPN2

Seriously dude, what were your expectations this year? 25 wins and the sweet 16? If you can't appreciate the grit and desire of this team, then just be unhappy I guess.

I do APPRECIATE this team's heart and full effort that they put on the floor every game. My expectations for this team were not very high but it's tough to see our team that plays their hearts out ending up being outmatched in the end. I'm always wanting them to pull out the W. It has nothing to do with me not appreciating them. That's silly.

Shembari's disappearing act is definitely concerning.

Today's game was definitely closer than the final score would indicate. We played them dead even for 35 minutes. Then collapsed. Much like the UNC game. At 8-7, not too much can be salvaged for this year, but this team desperately needs to pull one out at crunch time to build some confidence.

Reactions: 2 people
I do APPRECIATE this team's heart and full effort that they put on the floor every game. My expectations for this team were not very high but it's tough to see our team that plays their hearts out ending up being outmatched in the end. I'm always wanting them to pull out the W. It has nothing to do with me not appreciating them. That's silly.

My bad. I thought you said UTMBB was embarrassing. Must've been somebody else.

GBO.

lol

Yeah he's a bust. Outside of UNC and Arky he's been a no show against teams with a pulse. I really don't care if he pads his stats against the Chaminade's of the world

Tell you what sport...name your fave current Vol basketball player and we'll stack him up with Hubbs. Wanna play?

Reactions: 1 person
Another tough loss. The Gators were able to make 9 buckets in a row in the mid part of the 2nd half, and finally make some big threes while the Vols somehow managed to keep it within 4 points with about 3 minutes to play. In the last three minutes the Vols only scored four points and had their top performers foul out. The end score is not a very good summary of how close this game was most of the night.

I hate to settle an argument, but I didn't notice Hubbs all night.

I saw schofield. I saw mostella. I saw bowden. I saw bone.

I had to look at the box score to see he played 37 minutes.

Just being honest.

Just being honest.

Dude said Hubbs was a bust all time, not just tonight. Were you paying attention?

Just being honest.

You just summed up his whole career

We're talented enough to win a game like this. Just not poised. And it's hard to win on the road against a Top 25 opponent when your two best players (Hubbs and Williams) are non-factors.

Admiral, though, balled out today.

Agree 100%. A tough loss but now comes the prospect that Admiral is ready to become a factor going forward.

Can't wait for Wednesday night.

Embarrassing. I get so freaking tired of losing in basketball every year. I wish the excitement would return already like it used to be. I like Barnes coaching but my goodness, it's just so tough to watch our team get outmatched by other bettter talented teams.

One word: inexperienced

VN Store

Back