The Official SEC Tournament Discussion Thread (Excluding Tennessee Games)

Yeah, imo the 1 seed or better seed should always be home team in regionals and super regionals until the CWS.

Even in the CWS, seeding should hold.

I’ve seen countless times in the CWS where the 2nd game between two teams that won their first game and were the home team, that the lower seeded team somehow is the home team.

And I’m like….wait a minute. They were both the home team in game 1

Last edited:
As far as the format, part of it is due to weather precautions. There is a certain point where it has to be single elimination.

The dirty secret is most teams are happy being 2 and the que at the SEC tournament.

Florida has the motivation of trying to host a regional

Even in the CWS, seeding should hold.

I’ve seen countless times in the CWS where the 2nd game between two teams that won their first game and we’re the home team, that the lower seeded team somehow is the home team.

And I’m like….wait a minute. They were both the home team in game 1
The only reason I say until the CWS is because once you reach the final, it’s best 2 out of 3. If it’s the 2 best teams remaining then they should each get an opportunity to be the home team in that situation.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Also, as this is part of the discussion, I always though it sucked being the higher seed that we have to wait until midnight to play.

Think if there was a rain delay today or extra inning game.

And the game time tomorrow is set in stone

As far as the format, part of it is due to weather precautions. There is a certain point where it has to be single elimination.

The dirty secret is most teams are happy being 2 and the que at the SEC tournament.

Florida has the motivation of trying to host a regional

True. A double elimination tournament with 12 teams, no byes you're playing 22 or 23 games. Tough to do on one field.

It will be interesting to see how the format changes when TX & OK being play.

Also, as this is part of the discussion, I always though it sucked being the higher seed that we have to wait until midnight to play.

Think if there was a rain delay today or extra inning game.

And the game time tomorrow is set in stone
That would suck. I think the last time there were co-champs due to weather was 1990.

True. A double elimination tournament with 12 teams, no byes you're playing 22 or 23 games. Tough to do on one field.

It will be interesting to see how the format changes when TX & OK being play.
Probably have no choice but to leave it at 12 teams. 14 would be ridiculous.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That would suck. I think the last time there were co-champs due to weather was 1990.

Florida has been in the position Tennessee is currently in many times.

They’ve had games end at 2-3am and then you have to play that championship game at 1.

I understand there is no way around some of these things, but the higher seeded team has earned the right to not be punished

Florida has been in the position Tennessee is currently in many times.

They’ve had games end at 2-3am and then you have to play that championship game at 1.

I understand there is no way around some of these things, but the higher seeded team has earned the right to not be punished
We get it, Florida has a great baseball program 😜

In all seriousness, I thought Florida would beat A&M after y’all disposed of Alabama and we would meet on Sunday. It just seems to storybook for us to play Florida for our first outright SECT Championship.

We get it, Florida has a great baseball program 😜

In all seriousness, I thought Florida would beat A&M after y’all disposed of Alabama and we would meet on Sunday. It just seems to storybook for us to play Florida for our first outright SECT Championship.

Didn’t know Tennessee has never won the SEC baseball tourney.

Florida has no pitching left, so the 0 on the board is really perplexing.

I know they are playing to win, but he’s not using any arms tomorrow.

If Tennessee is the opponent, I expect a 10 spot

VN Store

Back