The Official SC @ #1 Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. May 16 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Fri. May 17 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 18 1PM EST SECNET+)

Question. Looks like Wake got the 8 seed so they play UNC, the 1 seed. Which team are we rooting for?

UC Irvine looks good, Fullerton hasn’t had a great year, but the Anteaters played a decent schedule. 40-11(19-7), T7 12-4 UCI.

Interesting…now run along and watch another Hannibal movie. 😀
Pappy is way over hyped, kind of like Wake Forrest. Best bourbon ever? Here’s number 1 and 2. The Pappy in the picture is not one I’d put 3rd. But to each his own. I’d never pay what Pappy cost for the flavor. I paid msrp for the bottles of Pappy I have left, most of which were bought in the 90’svand early 2000’s. But the best bourbon that I ever tasted was the A. H. Hirsch which thankfully I still have a few bottles of. But if you buy a bourbon today, the best value for taste is Garrison Cowboy, or for the less brave at heart, Garrison Brothers Hidalgo. JMHO.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpeg
    IMG_2775.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 12
18-4, 25 hits. UC Irvine is not playing small ball. I’d also be a tad surprised if Grand Canyon doesn’t make some noise, might need to win their tourney…not sure.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Pappy is way over hyped, kind of like Wake Forrest. Best bourbon ever? Here’s number 1 and 2. The Pappy in the picture is not one I’d put 3rd. But to each his own. I’d never pay what Pappy cost for the flavor. I paid msrp for the bottles of Pappy I have left, most of which were bought in the 90’svand early 2000’s. But the best bourbon that I ever tasted was the A. H. Hirsch which thankfully I still have a few bottles of. But if you buy a bourbon today, the best value for taste is Garrison Cowboy, or for the less brave at heart, Garrison Brothers Hidalgo. JMHO.
Appreciate the recommendation. I will give Garrison Cowboy a try. 🍊👍👊😀👍🍊🍊

Bourbon. Pappy Van Winkle. I don’t do Scotch so can’t help you there.
This made my day, just so you know; and I like it that it's a hard to find item. I found one that is 23 years old which is great because it's a little older than I am so I can write a note along the lines of, "remember when life was much simpler BEFORE I was born...." He'll get a kick out of that.

In addition to that I went to their website and found an absolute gem for my mom that she'll love having around and will actually use and that is real maple syrup from Pappy Van Winkle.

My mom is big into eating healthy and she already has real maple syrup around, as opposed to corn syrup based maple syrup. Pappy has some that is aged and I'm not sure what that does for maple syrup, but I/we will eventually find out.

As an FYI, she/we try to eat as little as possible processed food as we can. Real maple syrup is something we eat, corn syrup and things like it, we choose not to. Haagen Daz ice cream is a yes. Breyer's ice cream? Nope.

Anyway, thank you so much for effort and reply.

-d

This made my day, just so you know; and I like it that it's a hard to find item. I found one that is 23 years old which is great because it's a little older than I am so I can write a note along the lines of, "remember when life was much simpler BEFORE I was born...." He'll get a kick out of that.

In addition to that I went to their website and found an absolute gem for my mom that she'll love having around and will actually use and that is real maple syrup from Pappy Van Winkle.

My mom is big into eating healthy and she already has real maple syrup around, as opposed to corn syrup based maple syrup. Pappy has some that is aged and I'm not sure what that does for maple syrup, but I/we will eventually find out.

As an FYI, she/we try to eat as little as possible processed food as we can. Real maple syrup is something we eat, corn syrup and things like it, we choose not to. Haagen Daz ice cream is a yes. Breyer's ice cream? Nope.

-d
Sure thing. Glad to help in your quest for a special gift for your Dad. 🍊👍😀👊👊👍🍊😃👊

Thank you for posting this. This is the type of thing my dad would enjoy, but not buy for himself - so it makes what you posted as well as a Pappy that someone else posted for me. :)

Last edited:
Beats living in Alabama I guess.
Amen to that, brother. (Apologies for the delayed reply. Been on a golf trip with buddies and drove home yesterday; just now reviewing the thread.) I keep telling my family when I head off to the pearly gates to bury me in Tennessee (aka God’s country). Living in Alabama for the past 35+ years is about as close to He!! as I want to be.

-d
That's a really nice gift.
You stepped way up there.

Amen to that, brother. (Apologies for the delayed reply. Been on a golf trip with buddies and drove home yesterday; just now reviewing the thread.) I keep telling my family when I head off to the pearly gates to bury me in Tennessee (aka God’s country). Living in Alabama for the past 35+ years is about as close to He!! as I want to be.

I would “like” this 💯.

VN Store

Back