The Official New York Yankees Thread

Team is soft. 17 strikeouts. SEVENTEEN. A post season record.
Not sure why Donaldson even brings a bat to the plate at this point.
I love Carp, but he's not got it right now.
IKF is playing above two rookies he was benched for literally yesterday and the day before with the season on the line.
Boone punting the game by leaving Clarke in there for another inning after getting the luckiest DP ball.
Boone driving the final nail in sending Montas out there to give up an immediate home run.
These guys make me physically ill to watch. There's no drive, no urgency, and seemingly no will to win. Wake me up when we roll the staff over.

I don't think "drive" or mental toughness is the issue, this team has shown that on several occasions. Hard to get through that lineup with this bullpen, but hopefully we can find some offense when it's not Verlander

Reactions: YankeeVol
Should have bunted Donaldson, maybe he could get a bat on the ball.
I would have sent Cabrera to the plate instead of Carpenter in that final bat. At least he's aggressive.
Carpenter looks like a tired old guy at this point.
Obviously a 2:30 am flight didn't help.

It kills me when a shift is put on so major that the 3rd baseman is almost touching 2nd and the batter never considers laying a bunt down the 3rd baseline.
Get on base, put some pressure on the pitcher. Just because you are a "power" guy doesn't mean you have to hit a home run every time. I remember one time against Boston, Giambi bunted for a base hit. Surely getting on base is better than yet another out.
Guess that's just the "old man" in me though.

It kills me when a shift is put on so major that the 3rd baseman is almost touching 2nd and the batter never considers laying a bunt down the 3rd baseline.
Get on base, put some pressure on the pitcher. Just because you are a "power" guy doesn't mean you have to hit a home run every time. I remember one time against Boston, Giambi bunted for a base hit. Surely getting on base is better than yet another out.
Guess that's just the "old man" in me though.
Jason Giambi bunting. Now that is a sight.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11
There is a reason why George didn't want to turn the team over to his own son. He's a finance nerd. A bottom-line guy. Time to roll the proverbial grenade into the clubhouse and front office. Get rid of Cashman and Boone, pay Judge, and everyone else is fair game at this point. It's not working. This organization is soft. The YANKEES, of all teams, are SOFT. That was a shameful run that you could see coming a mile away since the all-star break.

VN Store

Back