The Official New England Patriots Thread

tenor.gif

Reactions: 508mikey
And just like that Belichek isnt such a great coach without Brady

It's not even about that. They would be better with Brady but they're not bad because Brady left. BB's been really bad at drafting (which is not coaching) and they replaced Brady with a guy who doesn't seem to be able to consistently make throws (exactly the reason the Panthers and everybody else were afraid of Cam). Also, I believe the Pats lost more depth to guys sitting out the season than any other team (including Hightower and Chung).

BB's strengths have always been X's and O's, execution, game-planning, adjustments, scouting NFL players, and roster management. He is total **** at scouting college players and it caught up to them this year.

The only game where the Pats looked bad is when the 49ers ran right at them, and there was probably nothing BB could do about their might. Every other game has been competitive, despite a pretty bad roster. He had them within 3 of the Chiefs in the 4th quarter with Hoyer quarterbacking.

He sucked last night but he's been doing better this season without him. Of course he brought Gronk with him.

Brady is good still but I don't think he can win a SB, which is why I think BB didn't want to pay him. When things are right with Brady, they're right, but I don't think they're gonna go right 3-4 games in a row with that offensive line and tough playoff opponents.

It's not even about that. They would be better with Brady but they're not bad because Brady left. BB's been really bad at drafting (which is not coaching) and they replaced Brady with a guy who doesn't seem to be able to consistently make throws (exactly the reason the Panthers and everybody else were afraid of Cam). Also, I believe the Pats lost more depth to guys sitting out the season than any other team (including Hightower and Chung).

BB's strengths have always been X's and O's, execution, game-planning, adjustments, scouting NFL players, and roster management. He is total **** at scouting college players and it caught up to them this year.

The only game where the Pats looked bad is when the 49ers ran right at them, and there was probably nothing BB could do about their might. Every other game has been competitive, despite a pretty bad roster. He had them within 3 of the Chiefs in the 4th quarter with Hoyer quarterbacking.
jmo but I think BB might retire after this season

Brady is good still but I don't think he can win a SB, which is why I think BB didn't want to pay him. When things are right with Brady, they're right, but I don't think they're gonna go right 3-4 games in a row with that offensive line and tough playoff opponents.

Plus he's 43. I don't care how good he is, he's freakin 43. Age catches up to them all even if it's given him a few bonus years.

Reactions: Plecoptera
It's not even about that. They would be better with Brady but they're not bad because Brady left. BB's been really bad at drafting (which is not coaching)....

Do you mean recently? I see NE, maybe not all of it attributable to BB though, as being a pretty strong drafting franchise.

Who Were the Best and Worst Drafting Teams of the Decade in the NFL?

The dirty secret of the Pats regime is how bad at drafting they’ve actually been the last five years. The fact they’ve won two Super Bowls and been as competitive during that span makes BB the coach even more impressive.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Do you mean recently? I see NE, maybe not all of it attributable to BB though, as being a pretty strong drafting franchise.

Who Were the Best and Worst Drafting Teams of the Decade in the NFL?

I meant more recently, and I guess it depends on the metric. I'm not surprised that they find depth but they don't draft any "stars". Jamie Collins is the only one going all the way back to 2013, and it turned out JC was a system guy. Nobody has been worse at drafting WR's than BB, and that's not recent.

VN Store

Back