The Official NBA Forum Vols Football Thread

I swear the FF is a real life Groundhog's Day. You can predict the consensus and takes like clockwork.

Now Pruitt just inherited a huge mess; yet another recurring theme. As if Dooley and Jones didn't inherit messes either. And Dooley and Jones would beat Georgia St.

I swear the FF is a real life Groundhog's Day. You can predict the consensus and takes like clockwork.

Now Pruitt just inherited a huge mess; yet another recurring theme. As if Dooley and Jones didn't inherit messes either. And Dooley and Jones would beat Georgia St.

The team doesn’t want to play for him. Whether it’s his guys or not, it’s a terrible sign

We’ll know a lot by the end of tomorrow’s game. If they show up lethargic again, stick a fork on this season and probably the inevitable end of the Pruitt era in 2020.

We’ll know a lot by the end of tomorrow’s game. If they show up lethargic again, stick a fork on this season and probably the inevitable end of the Pruitt era in 2020.

Tomorrow is a must win. Obviously showing up and not looking dead will be an improvement but if we still lose that honestly doesn't matter that much. If we're at the point where we're cheering that the team actually looked like they care then just pack it up. A loss tomorrow and making a bowl is dead. And right now I think 6-6 is the goal.

In the last 5 years I've seen Tennessee lose twice and the Broncos lose a playoff game because they let a guy get wide open behind the D. This should never, ever happen and it's happened to me 3x in 5 years.

In the last 5 years I've seen Tennessee lose twice and the Broncos lose a playoff game because they let a guy get wide open behind the D. This should never, ever happen and it's happened to me 3x in 5 years.

If UGA doesn't take a helmet off in celebration, Berry make a nice return after the penalty moved the kickoff back, and Dobbs hits Jennings on a hail mary, it would be three times UT lost a game like that. Ridley ran right past our DB, and Eason threw a laser behind our defense in that game. I'll never understand how anyone can get behind a defense with 8 men back.

Reactions: n_huffhines
If UGA doesn't take a helmet off in celebration, Berry make a nice return after the penalty moved the kickoff back, and Dobbs hits Jennings on a hail mary, it would be three times UT lost a game like that. Ridley ran right past our DB, and Eason threw a laser behind our defense in that game. I'll never understand how anyone can get behind a defense with 8 men back.

Almost forgot about that

Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
I think this is the first year ever for me that the college football season is essentially over before baseball season ends.

I think this is the first year ever for me that the college football season is essentially over before baseball season ends.

There’s so many problems with this team, they’ll be lucky to win 3 games. Hell I would bet UAB to beat UT now.

I know this opinion would cause half of Volnation to meltdown, so I'll keep it ITT, but I feel so bad for JG and I'm embarrassed by grown-ass men who take to the internet, hungry for a pound of flesh, to trash college athletes.

JG has been the face of a dumpster fire that he didn't create for 3 years. He's been absolutely crushed by defenders for 3 years. Maurer can't even finish a half of football and JG just kept coming back to the huddle. He's 100% mentally shook. He sucks. He knows he sucks. He's got millions of fans reminding him all the time. Here was his glory moment and he royally screwed it up. I guarantee you nobody feels worse than him. Nothing needed to be said. His coach, who knows he's mentally shook, chews his ass in front of America. I'm not saying Pruitt crossed any line, I'm saying I don't think it was the right way to handle it.

JG's stomach is going to hurt every time he hears the word "Tennessee" for the next decade +

I know this opinion would cause half of Volnation to meltdown, so I'll keep it ITT, but I feel so bad for JG and I'm embarrassed by grown-ass men who take to the internet, hungry for a pound of flesh, to trash college athletes.

JG has been the face of a dumpster fire that he didn't create for 3 years. He's been absolutely crushed by defenders for 3 years. Maurer can't even finish a half of football and JG just kept coming back to the huddle. He's 100% mentally shook. He sucks. He knows he sucks. He's got millions of fans reminding him all the time. Here was his glory moment and he royally screwed it up. I guarantee you nobody feels worse than him. Nothing needed to be said. His coach, who knows he's mentally shook, chews his ass in front of America. I'm not saying Pruitt crossed any line, I'm saying I don't think it was the right way to handle it.

JG's stomach is going to hurt every time he hears the word "Tennessee" for the next decade +

And he’s not even that bad. He’s not good. I agree. But the fanbase, which is a bunch of immature idiots, acts like he’s the reason we are terrible and blame him for everything this year. It’s a joke.

Reactions: n_huffhines
And he’s not even that bad. He’s not good. I agree. But the fanbase, which is a bunch of immature idiots, acts like he’s the reason we are terrible and blame him for everything this year. It’s a joke.

He's about on par with Matt Simms. The problem with JG is that he doesn't have a natural feel for playing QB. He can't go through reads and he doesn't throw guys open. A fresh start would do the kid good after everything he's been through. He has an NFL arm and he's tough as hell.

What kind of finish are we getting? 6-6? Aight

I don't trust us to go 3-1 with 2 road games remaining. It's certainly a strong possibility given the level of competition. I just see our November performance over the last few seasons as a strong detractor.

VN Store

Back