The Official Nashville Soccer Club Thread

At this point I'm convinced we are hamstrung by philosophy. We don't have the best roster in the league but we have a really good roster. Or offensive production doesn't match the offensive players we have.

I've waited for things to gel, but it's obvious they aren't. This is a philosophy issue.
I don’t disagree. The counter attack works sporadically, but recently, it hasn’t. I’d like to see Hany in a false 9 type roll or pickup a solid passing midfielder (imagine a younger Dax) distributing the ball from the middle. Something needs to change.

I don’t disagree. The counter attack works sporadically, but recently, it hasn’t. I’d like to see Hany in a false 9 type roll or pickup a solid passing midfielder (imagine a younger Dax) distributing the ball from the middle. Something needs to change.
I think Dax is a problem, not the problem. I like having him on roster but moving forward if he wants to stay it's in a limited off the bench fresh leg role. He isn't the same player obviously due to age. He'd have to agree to a lesser slot on the roster. If not move on.

I think Dax is a problem, not the problem. I like having him on roster but moving forward if he wants to stay it's in a limited off the bench fresh leg role. He isn't the same player obviously due to age. He'd have to agree to a lesser slot on the roster. If not move on.
I think Dax and Willis will be asked to retire. I think Leal is gone. We need a younger center distributing type of midfielder so we can have a multi faceted attack. If not, expect severe droughts in points due to lack of scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: KB5252
If we bounce in the first round would it be time to move in to a different coach? Have we really improved anywhere but the roster? Not sure what the answer is.

Absolutely
I’m not sure who the answer is but it has to be someone who doesn’t rely on the counter as much. It works, but not as a team mentality and should be used when needed and not a concentrated effort by the staff. This club has to much fire power and offensive fire power to go on a non goal scoring drought time and time again.

Kind of feel like the way they've been playing conceding a goal like they did will about do it...

Just didn't feel like they have it they way they are structured/play

Still game to be played though

Gary gone. Dax and Godoy gone, need a younger midfield. Need a strong backline (which we have) but the style of play, counterattacking, has Lovitz out of position too much and he can’t catch back up. So he fouls. I do like Mcnaughton.

Could any of you see Dax staying at a lower tier contract and being a bench player? Fresh legs at the end of games with his experience?

Or is it just over for him? I've heard some mention they think Leal may be gone as well.

Could any of you see Dax staying at a lower tier contract and being a bench player? Fresh legs at the end of games with his experience?

Or is it just over for him? I've heard some mention they think Leal may be gone as well.
I’m so tired of seeing Muyl and Leal. Half hearted effort and terrible defending.

Reactions: YankeeVol

Ehh, purely as a sub I'd be ok with.

I’m so tired of seeing Muyl and Leal. Half hearted effort and terrible defending.
I think Muyl is worth keeping. He isn’t expensive and has a motor and has played more consistent this season, than ever before. Leal on the other hand, should be gone. He will literally shoot the ball from outside the 18 consistently just because he is open. I

I think Dax will be moved into a scouting or management role. He spent 3/4 of the year playing better than he has in the last two, and the remaining 1/4, he played like his age .

Reactions: KB5252
Anybody watching (or lucky enough to go to) the game vs inter Miami? Some stars out there

On FS2. Just turned it on and Nashville already up a goal

This is going to be a really frustrating year it feels like. We are not playing up to the potential of our roster...... Change is needed.........

VN Store

Back