The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Maybe my being there live skewed my opinion of the race. Couple friends of mine that watched on TV saying Atlanta was mostly boring other than the finish.
I will just agree to disagree with them.
I've already renewed my tickets for next year.

Maybe my being there live skewed my opinion of the race. Couple friends of mine that watched on TV saying Atlanta was mostly boring other than the finish.
I will just agree to disagree with them.
I've already renewed my tickets for next year.

In person is always better than on TV. At least in my experience.

Man. I wish my dad was around to see this. Would have been delighted.

Same week that Mr. H decides to sponsor him for a full season, he goes and gets it done.

Last edited:
Did he dominate? Strategy move? Didn’t get a chance to catch it.

Ran in the top 5 all day. Lead about 25% of the race. It was a measured and veteran performance. You could tell the truck was not great in traffic, but he took what it gave him. Didn’t make any hasty moves. Green flag pit stop in the last stage, done to perfection. A lot of the top trucks had speeding penalties on that cycle.

It’s still hard to figure out his ceiling as he’s still so green. He’s only had 4 years in cars.

Good win for the young man
Ran in the top 5 all day. Lead about 25% of the race. It was a measured and veteran performance. You could tell the truck was not great in traffic, but he took what it gave him. Didn’t make any hasty moves. Green flag pit stop in the last stage, done to perfection. A lot of the top trucks had speeding penalties on that cycle.

It’s still hard to figure out his ceiling as he’s still so green. He’s only had 4 years in cars.

A trash bag. Da hell.

"Even worse than that, or even funnier than that, I’m pretty positive it had a beer can in it because that beer can got stuck in our air filter. So after the race, there was a Silver Bullet in our air filter somehow." Byron’s crew chief Rudy Fugle said on SiriusXM Radio’s "The Morning Drive"

I for one would love to see Honda in NASCAR

I think Honda will be better received than when Toyota entered the series.

The real question is which teams will commit to
Honda. Honda obviously won’t enter the series until it gets commitments from a few teams.

I think Honda will be better received than when Toyota entered the series.

The real question is which teams will commit to
Honda. Honda obviously won’t enter the series until it gets commitments from a few teams.
Before the season, I would have said Haas. I could see Spire being a real choice. They are becoming a real competent organization at all levels, young enough where they could make a change and not afraid of taking money.

VN Store

Back