The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Let’s look at some stats. Would you say this is a top tier driver?

Cup: wins 1/171, laps led 153/43060
Xfinity: 0/88, 166/15005
Trucks: 6/49, 974/7238
ARCA: 0/1, 0/19
K&N: 6/37, 649/4769
In the K&N series Bubba drove for Rev Racing which was bankrolled by the Drive for Diversity program. They did not lack for anything. He did well.
In the truck series his success was in KBM trucks which we can all agree are pretty sporty.
He drove for JGR in the Xfinity series for around half of his career. Not a bad team. He also drove for RFR, which wasn’t exactly a bottom tier ride. Their Cup program has been bad for years, but their Xfinity program wasn’t bad.
My point is, he has had good equipment from the jump and has not produced. His winning percentage is right there with Steinhouse which I would argue has been in worse equipment for longer (RFR vs Petty & 23 vs JTG).

Who said he was a top tier driver?

As a diehard bubba fan, I don’t put him in the same category as KyBu, Chase, Larson, etc.

If he had a Clint Bowyer career, I would be over the moon. I know he gets coverage at a level beyond his results and we can discuss that separately.

Reactions: Fun coupon VOL

As a diehard bubba fan, I don’t put him in the same category as KyBu, Chase, Larson, etc.

If he had a Clint Bowyer career, I would be over the moon. I know he gets coverage at a level beyond his results and we can discuss that separately.
I think your last sentence is what gets me. He’s not a bad person, but I think he gets more coverage than warranted.

Exactly. I don’t care for bubba, but the dislike (not hate) he receives compared to other drivers outside of Kyle Busch is ridiculous.

Much better race today than the truck race yesterday.

Harvick is getting hot at the right time. I’d love to see him avenge the disappointment of 2020.

Reactions: jbeeman85
It’s going to be funny at Daytona if Almirola, Austin Dillon, Stenhouse, Buescher, Bubba,or Keselowski play spoiler and knock both Truex and Blaney out of the playoffs.

I’m rooting for this scenario to show how ridiculous this format is.
I'm really surprised Truex doesn't have a win yet

I think it would be fun for Kyle to have the same sort of wilderness experience his brother had. Go from a big team, to a smaller team and work back up. I say this as a big KyBu fan, I would just like to see him get amazing results out of so-so equipment. That said, I don’t know if Phoenix racing and Kaulig are in the same level as far as competitiveness.

VN Store

Back