The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

The pale horse got another crown jewel, last night.

Typically, I'd post the victory burn down. but this is much better.

Joey should be pissed. I got no problem with Chase no dumping him, but own it. I’m a Logano fan before anything else. Dump him if you’re gonna do it but don’t take yourself out. Bristol 101.

Tennessean saying there will be a Cup race at Wilson Co. track in 2021. Does this mean the top flight, what people my age who don't follow closely would still call Winston Cup?

Reactions: oz615
I like Nashville getting a race. Built that track to attract one only for it to close. Not the best quality but I’m glad to see it. Wish it was taking a date from Loudon and not Dover.

Now we just need Rockingham and Wilkesboro revived and take away a race from Loudon and Phoenix next.

Though a lot of people were wanting the Fairgrounds over the Superspeedway, I will take it. Some are thinking this is a way to get into the market and then switch to the Fairgrounds when (and if) it gets NASCAR ready. Though I'm thinking the detractors for racing at the Fairgrounds will use this as an argument against doing any upgrades since the series would already be in the market.

The ultimate dream would be to have one race at the Superspeedway and one at the Fairgrounds (not likely but I did say dream).

As long as the Fairgrounds is able to continue with their local program, I will be happy. I've been going to the local program regularly since 1989 when my Dad first took me as a 3 year old. I never dreamed I would see a Cup race there anyway.

Though if Nashville getting a Cup race is true, fans are going to have to pack the place out every time. Otherwise, the hope of ever having another Cup race (either at the Superspeedway of the Fairgrounds) will be gone.

Hope Nashville really is getting a Cup race. I for one, will be getting my tickets to the Cup race the day they go on sale.

VN Store

Back