The official Los Angeles Angels thread

Mike Trout will pass Jr in WAR in about 2 more seasons FYI

What he can do on a baseball diamond is insane... favorite player to watch now.

I for sure have KGJ glasses on but when he was in his prime... I haven’t seen anyone more exciting to watch, at least to me. Mike trout is for sure up there though no doubt about it.

What he can do on a baseball diamond is insane... favorite player to watch now.

I for sure have KGJ glasses on but when he was in his prime... I haven’t seen anyone more exciting to watch, at least to me. Mike trout is for sure up there though no doubt about it.

Jr. was the man. He was more than a baseball player. He was a culture icon. Every kid (especially me) turned their hat around a waved their bat like him. One of the game’s true giants. Having said that, I think that cultural tie elevates his perception just a bit. In terms of pure baseball talent he is probably pushing top 10. Which is simply incredible.

I knew Griffey was hurt a lot in Cincy but man he missed a ton of games. Six year stretch with Cincy were he never played more than 128 games and seasons with 70, 53, and 83.

Combined no hitter tonight in honor of Tyler Skaggs. Simply amazing!

Matt Harvey -- 11 million for 1 year -- worst GM deal of the year

The dodgers signed AJ Pollock for 5/$55 and had five better outfielders than him. Harvey is just one year. No harm, no foul.

The dodgers signed AJ Pollock for 5/$55 and had five better outfielders than him. Harvey is just one year. No harm, no foul.
yeah but stupid deals like these gets passed on to the fan - high ticket prices etc - high TV prices etc

Joc
Bellinger
Puig
Verdugo
Taylor

Also those guys I’d rather have than pollock. Especially when you consider his injury history.

Joc can’t hit lefties and on what planet is chris taylor in the same conversation as AJ Pollock?

They were obviously ready to move on from Puig

Bellinger and Verdugo, both also LH

Pollock fits them like a glove... and he’s good. Kike Hernandez is better than chris Taylor

Joc can’t hit lefties and on what planet is chris taylor in the same conversation as AJ Pollock?

They were obviously ready to move on from Puig

Bellinger and Verdugo, both also LH

Pollock fits them like a glove... and he’s good. Kike Hernandez is better than chris Taylor

Pollock barely plays. He’s always injured. Taylor had an 116 OPS+ in 17-18, Pollock had 104 OPS+. Taylor also is three years younger. They needed a RH bat, I get that. But 5/$55M for a guy who with bad injury history and should probably be a platoon option for you is kinda crazy.

Last edited:
Even if you disagree with me about Pollock was their sixth best option OF wise, I’d still say the length makes it a bad contract.

I mean it’s the Dodgers, so money not a big deal, but 1 year on Matt Harvey at $11M even with how bad he sucked is a better contract than $60M over 5 for Pollock

I mean it’s the Dodgers, so money not a big deal, but 1 year on Matt Harvey at $11M even with how bad he sucked is a better contract than $60M over 5 for Pollock
Pollock is actually good at baseball so it’s a better contract by default

VN Store

Back