The Official Lipscomb @ Tennessee Tuesday Game Thread (3/14 5:00 PM EST SEC NET+) **NEW START TIME**

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
Lipscomb Bison (5-11) Overall (0-0) ASUN
1678579354607.jpeg
@
Tennessee Volunteers (14-3) Overall (0-0) SEC
1678579456335.jpeg
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Closing out its 15-game homestand and playing its final game before the start of SEC play, the second-ranked Tennessee Volunteers host Lipscomb for an in-state midweek battle at Lindsey Nelson Stadium at 5 p.m. ET Tuesday night.

Tennessee (14-3) looks to keep its momentum rolling from a weekend sweep of Morehead State. The Vols will come off a pair of off-days after playing a doubleheader on Saturday. Griffin Merritt was the star of the two-game day, crushing three homers, one in the first game and two in the second. The weekend got off to a bang when the Big Orange dropped the Eagles, 23-4, Friday night. Zane Denton etched his name into the UT history books, completing the fifth cycle in program history in the series opener.

TICKET INFORMATION
Tickets for the games are available in very limited quantities at AllVols.com.

PROJECTED STARTING PITCHERS
Projected Starters
: LHP Zander Sechrist (0-0, 0.93 ERA) vs. LHP Noah Thompson (2-0, 2.31 ERA)

BROADCAST INFO
Tuesday's game will stream on SEC Network+ and the ESPN app with Zack Nelson (PxP) on the call. The online broadcast can be accessed on any mobile device through WatchESPN. WatchESPN can be accessed through the ESPN App, or online at espn.com/watch.

Fans can also listen to the Voice of Tennessee Baseball, John Wilkerson, call the action on the Vol Network (AM 990) or via a free audio stream on UTSports.com and the Tennessee Athletics Gameday App.

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: Tennessee leads, 12-2
in Knoxville: 9-1
in Nashville: 2-1
at Neutral Sites: 1-0
Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 5-1 (April 5, 2022)

NOTABLE
Volunteer State Battle

Tennessee hosts Lipscomb on Tuesday night in the first of seven games this season against in-state foes. UT is 29-13 against teams from the Volunteer State under head coach Tony Vitello, including a 6-1 record in 2022.

Griff is Getting Hot
Impact transfer Griffin Merritt is starting to swing a hot bat for the Vols. The outfielder now ranks second on the team with six home runs after going yard three times in last weekend's series vs. Morehead State. In the series sweep of the Eagles, the Cincinnati transfer and 2022 AAC Player of the Year batted .455 with three homers and seven RBIs, including a multi-homer game with four RBIs in the series finale. Merritt enters the week on a nine-game hitting streak and a 15-game on-base streak.

OPPONENT SCOUT
Lipscomb Bisons

• 2023 Record: 5-11 (0-0 ASUN)
  • 2022 Record: 36-22 (20-10 ASUN)
  • 2022 Postseason: -
  • 2023 ASUN Preseason Poll: 4th
  • ASUN Preseason Honors
    • Michael Dunkelberger (SP), Matthew Bohnert (RP), Caleb Ketchup (SS)
  • Head Coach: Jeff Forehand (17thseason)
  • Stat Leaders:
    • Average: Mason Lundgrin (.333)
    • OBP: Mason Lundgrin (.423)
    • SLG: Alex Vergara (.654)
    • Hits: Mason Lundgrin (20)
    • Runs: Caleb Ketchup (14)
    • RBIs: Trace Willhoite (15)
    • Doubles: Alex Vergara (5)
    • Triples: Mason Lundgrin, Austin Kelly (1)
    • Home Runs: Five tied (4)
    • ERA: Joey Mitchell (0.77)
    • WHIP: Joey Mitchell (0.43)
    • BAA: Joey Mitchell (0.56)
    • Innings Pitched: Braydon Tucker (21)
    • Strikeouts: Logan Van Treeck (22)
    • Wins: Noah Thompson (2)
    • Saves: Three tied (1)
ON DECK
Tennessee heads on the road for SEC Opening Weekend to take on Missouri in Columbia Friday night. First pitch for Game 1 of the series is slated for 7 p.m. ET on SEC Network+.

Last edited:
Wyatt Langford of Florida ruptured his testicle Friday night. Had surgery I believe today. Will miss at least three weeks.....

......enjoy your dinner!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Lipscomb did better against Notre Dame than the Vols did. But that was this season.

Lipscomb is 5-11 with 2 wins that opening weekend against Notre Dame. (6-6)

They have lost Nine straight after a series win against UIC
The Bison have been blown out in most of those 9 games (6 against SEC Teams Auburn and Miss. State)
Lipscomb has no quality wins. They are 179 RPI. Tennessee is at 65
The weather forecast Tuesday is at least dry by cool 30/47 and somewhat breezy

I know we should never look ahead but the weather forecast for Columbia, MO keeps getting worse. There's no a minimal chance of snow Friday morning and early afternoon. High Friday 41. Los Friday night 23.
High temp Satruday is 38 and low 22
Sunday is a balmy 45

By the way, to now one's surprise. Boston College is a well deserved #1 in RPI after their crazy Spring Break last week going 4-1 all on the road.

Wyatt Langford of Florida ruptured his testicle Friday night. Had surgery I believe today. Will miss at least three weeks.....

......enjoy your dinner!
Ouchie! …why…sharing that exhibits a
Masochistic streak… 😩
All experienced Vol fans keep that cup strapped on tight! 😏

Ouchie! …why…sharing that exhibits a
Masochistic streak… 😩
All experienced Vol fans keep that cup strapped on tight! 😏
Just sharing the news......trust me, when I read about it I got the same strange tingle all men get when you see or hear of such injuries....

Odd thing is how it happened. He was at-bat and fouled it off into the NO-GO zone.

Reactions: txbo
Just sharing the news......trust me, when I read about it I got the same strange tingle all men get when you see or hear of such injuries....

Odd thing is how it happened. He was at-bat and fouled it off into the NO-GO zone.
Self inflicted? Even worse…that’s deserves the big dammmmmmit.

VN Store

Back