The official "Jeremy Pruitt has been fired" WATCH THREAD.

Lol I’ve been telling people all week this is coming and was called a troll and a liar. Pruitt has cheated his ass off since he’s been at bama. Fulmer knew this. This was a suicide bomb by the Haslems.

Your avatar. Why is Hugh Freeze in a hospital bed?

Lol I’ve been telling people all week this is coming and was called a troll and a liar. Pruitt has cheated his ass off since he’s been at bama. Fulmer knew this. This was a suicide bomb by the Haslems.
Yep, they are hoping for enough to fire with cause and escape the buyout, or at least get enough to severely reduce the buyout. In the meantime allow him to twist in the wind.

Yep, they are hoping for enough to fire with cause and escape the buyout, or at least get enough to severely reduce the buyout. In the meantime allow him to twist in the wind.
I kind of wonder how long they’ll wait. I know CJP’s grandfather will be buried today. Prayers out to him and his family. Then there’s Christmas. So the university might wait until next weekend trying to be classy. We shall see.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I kind of wonder how long they’ll wait. I know CJP’s grandfather will be buried today. Prayers out to him and his family. Then there’s Christmas. So the university might wait until next weekend trying to be classy. We shall see.
From the outside looking in, the power has shifted to UT. They can keep him on hold while they continue to dig. As JP desire to be done with this and to leave grows, I would think his desire to settle for a lower buyout grows as well. Every major program cheats. JP came from a place where the admin covered for them and here its not. If the compliance department has the proof, his contract has very little power. JP knows what he did. The question is will JP risk being fired with cause or bust in and ask to negotiate a much lower buyout to save his reputation? Time is on UT's side not JP's.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Look at it this way: you'll know next time what to expect. Any any given time, there are 10 people trolling this board. At times like this, the number goes up to 100. That's the environment you're in.

Reactions: GoBears
Three seasons should be the threshold. Just my opinion.

Definitely agree. In this day and age you know after year 3 if you have a winner or a loser. Hell you can tell with Kiffin at Ole Miss this year, and in the one year he was at UT that he has what it takes to turn a program around. In Pruitt we have a loser that has essentially rode the coat tails of success at other winning programs, and he's (very likely) a cheater as well. Time to move on.

Deja by Sunday again. That one Sunday every three years when the VN faithful make popcorn, refresh their favorite beverage, and hit refresh every couple of minutes watching for news on the imminent firing of one for which we once held such high hopes. Normally I would be checking between Sunday School and Church but covid let’s me do it more frequently (at least in good conscience )
but either way, it is a cross between Christmas and a funeral

Definitely agree. In this day and age you know after year 3 if you have a winner or a loser. Hell you can tell with Kiffin at Ole Miss this year, and in the one year he was at UT that he has what it takes to turn a program around. In Pruitt we have a loser that has essentially rode the coat tails of success at other winning programs, and he's (very likely) a cheater as well. Time to move on.
I would have continued to maybe argue this point; but Arkansas this season is the ultimate counter argument. Even without “your players” and time to “build the culture” a good coach can come in and make immediate improvements which are visible on the scoreboard and the Win Loss column. It may take several seasons to COMPLETE the rebuild, but you can tell if it is happening or not pretty quickly.

Reactions: MocVol
Yep. Very slow news day after yesterday. Where are all the “insiders” lol

Think a lot of people just assume he will be let go once he returns from the funeral of his grandfather. I'm not so sure, got a bad feeling it's going to be dragged out the next couple weeks

Think a lot of people just assume he will be let go once he returns from the funeral of his grandfather. I'm not so sure, got a bad feeling it's going to be dragged out the next couple weeks
Or into next season

I’m not assuming or speculating at this point. For all we know it could be the firing of a few assistance coaches . Re evaluate things you know typical stuff I think schools do 3-4 years of losing. Who knows. All smoke screen for something else . It’s odd that folks where posting hinting things out yesterday and there isn’t a single article mentioning anything today, not even . Could it be out of respect for his granddad furenal? Maybe, but I haven’t known big money ppl being patient and waiting but who knows. I’m just ready for the week to go by and see what happens . I’m sure there is going kg to be some major changes but what it will be , nobody will know till they are ready to release info. Either way I just want to start winning again and not just for one magical season lol #GetItRightThisTime lol my first hashtag and that all I can think of is how I hope we get this right.

Deja by Sunday again. That one Sunday every three years when the VN faithful make popcorn, refresh their favorite beverage, and hit refresh every couple of minutes watching for news on the imminent firing of one for which we once held such high hopes. Normally I would be checking between Sunday School and Church but covid let’s me do it more frequently (at least in good conscience )
but either way, it is a cross between Christmas and a funeral
Literally.

VN Store

Back