The Official Indiana Pacers Thread

unconventional
This team is awful.

Can't wait to hear from the other Pacer fans on this site. All two of you.

We can talk about how awful this team is.

If the playoffs started today, the Pacers(14-19) would be the East's 7th seed.

Keep up the good work Pacers!

This site has more Pacers fans than Timberwolves.

Yeah, I think we outnumber Timberwolves fans 4-2 around here. And by 4-2, I mean 6 total people. That's what I call dominance. Twice as many fans. This party will be pimpin when the other three get here.

This team is pretty awful. Bump for barely holding on to the 8th seed.

Is it cool to post cuz I'm a fan of a particular player? Danny Granger probably my 2nd favorite player in the league, because his rookie year I got a Granger jersey for 5 bucks the only reason I bought it is because it was 5 bucks and my size, all my friends gave me hell sayin only 3people have Danny Granger jerseys me Danny G and Danny G's mother... haha so I started rootin for the pacers ever since, Pacers fans outnumber T'Wolves 4 and a half to 2. Danny Granger with that deadly mid ranger! lol

Is it cool to post cuz I'm a fan of a particular player? Danny Granger probably my 2nd favorite player in the league, because his rookie year I got a Granger jersey for 5 bucks the only reason I bought it is because it was 5 bucks and my size, all my friends gave me hell sayin only 3people have Danny Granger jerseys me Danny G and Danny G's mother... haha so I started rootin for the pacers ever since, Pacers fans outnumber T'Wolves 4 and a half to 2. Danny Granger with that deadly mid ranger! lol

Not a problem. Sweet deal on the Granger jersey. He's a good player. Unfortunately it hasn't rubbed off on the rest of the team.

Jim O'Brien has been fired. Finally... awful coach.

Pacers were tied with the Bulls in the 3rd quarter last night. McRoberts was lighting it up. Multiple put backs on offense. Hitting jumpers. Getting loose balls on the floor. He probably had 10 points and 5 boards in the span of 8 minutes. Of course Jim O'Brien chose to bench him and never bring him back in. Instead, he chose to have James Posey and Mike Dunleavy brick 3's.

So long Jim O'Brien... you suck.

Interim HC Frank Vogel did a good job coaching against a bad Raptors team in his debut. The young guys had a big night and Vogel will start his career 1-0.

Roy Hibbert and Darren Collison came out of their funk to combine for 40 points(57%), 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals, and 2 blocks.

First round pick Paul George chipped in another 16 points while Tyler Hansbrough scored 14 points and grabbed 6 boards in just 15 minutes.

Surprisingly, Danny Granger was the 5th leading scoring with just 11 points. He shot 3 of 15 from the field.

Hopefully Vogel can keep it up and pump some life into this team. If he can get the team to .500, that would probably be good enough to make the playoffs in the East.

The Pacers have won 2 in a row and interim HC Fank Vogel is now 2-0. Soo... that's pretty cool I guess. Right on the Bobcats tail for 8th place. Good job being 19-27 Indy. Playoffs, here we come.

Pacers are up by 17 with 5 minutes remaining against the Blazers.

Looks like interim HC Frank Vogel will start his career off 3-0. Not too shabby. He's only 37 years old. If he continues to win, he may just keep the job.

Tough night. Trying to work the Vanilla Gorilla back in the rotation, and the ball movement was frankly Tennessee-ish in nature.

Pacers are about to win their 4th in a row. Granted it was against the 27-24 Blazers, 15-37 Nets, 14-37 Raptors and 8-43 Cavs... 4-0 is a nice start for a 37 year old interim coach. Pacers aren't exactly an awesome team sitting at 21-27. Beggars can't be choosers and I'll take what I can get. Pretty sure Miami will bring them back down to earth in their next game.

Thank God that O'Brien got the can. It was about two years overdue.

With the way the Pacers seem to play against elite teams, we'll see what happens in Miami. May not be as bad as we think.

Thank God that O'Brien got the can. It was about two years overdue.

With the way the Pacers seem to play against elite teams, we'll see what happens in Miami. May not be as bad as we think.

No kidding. Jim O'brien was a disaster. Pretty sure the players hated him. Seemed like a jerk with the way he yanked starters every other game. Darren Collison and Roy Hibbert were thrown under the bus regularly for not being perfect. It's not like they are 23 and 24 years old or anything. The fact that O'brien hates T.J. Ford and was giving him more minutes at times speaks volumes. He was also giving Solomon Jones some of Roy Hibberts minutes. O'brien was awful.

And yeah, the Pacers have beaten both the Lakers and Heat. Never know what you're going to get. Then again... the Heat's chemistry was lacking and the Pacers are below .500. I'll cross my fingers but I'm not sure that will do any good.

Here's to hoping :toast:

No kidding. Jim O'brien was a disaster. Pretty sure the players hated him. Seemed like a jerk with the way he yanked starters every other game. Darren Collison and Roy Hibbert were thrown under the bus regularly for not being perfect. It's not like they are 23 and 24 years old or anything. The fact that O'brien hates T.J. Ford and was giving him more minutes at times speaks volumes. He was also giving Solomon Jones some of Roy Hibberts minutes. O'brien was awful.

Why Solomon Jones ever played more than mop-up minutes in a game is beyond me. Also, agreed on O'Brien being a disaster. Dude had absolutely ZERO semblance of a rotation. The fact that Hansborough and George didn't start playing consistently until the week or so before he got canned told me all I needed to know about the way he handles the player rotation.

And yeah, the Pacers have beaten both the Lakers and Heat. Never know what you're going to get. Then again... the Heat's chemistry was lacking and the Pacers are below .500. I'll cross my fingers but I'm not sure that will do any good.

I would add Dallas to that column of quality wins. Dirk or no Dirk, that is impressive.

Here's to hoping :toast:

Absolutely :toast:

See bold.

See bold.

Agree with basically everything you said.

The only thing I may not fault him for is Hansbrough. Wasn't he out for like 9 months with some sort of inner ear infection? It affected his balance or something and he couldn't even practice. He is doing a heck of a job and probably should have played sooner. The whole situation was definitely out of the ordinary though and it's hard to say when Hansbrough was actually capable of contributing. Then again, O'brien makes a ton of poor decisions. Probably could have played Tyler from the start.

At the very least, McRoberts was given the opportunity to show he can contribute. He may not be a starter but the guy has shown he can bring energy and contribute. Hope they can re-sign him cheap and he can be similar to Jeff Foster with a couple less boards and a few more points. He is at his best getting offensive boards for put backs. It's actually quite impressive at times. Plus, he has some range on his shot. Only 23.

Agree with basically everything you said.

The only thing I may not fault him for is Hansbrough. Wasn't he out for like 9 months with some sort of inner ear infection? It affected his balance or something and he couldn't even practice. He is doing a heck of a job and probably should have played sooner. The whole situation was definitely out of the ordinary though and it's hard to say when Hansbrough was actually capable of contributing. Then again, O'brien makes a ton of poor decisions. Probably could have played Tyler from the start.

At the very least, McRoberts was given the opportunity to show he can contribute. He may not be a starter but the guy has shown he can bring energy and contribute. Hope they can re-sign him cheap and he can be similar to Jeff Foster with a couple less boards and a few more points. He is at his best getting offensive boards for put backs. It's actually quite impressive at times. Plus, he has some range on his shot. Only 23.

To me, McRoberts is much better suited off the bench. He just isn't an NBA-level starter in my mind as of right now. As you said, though, he is only 23 and knocks down the occasional three pointer, so hopefully he can develop (if we keep him).

With that being said, it was apparent to me after the second game of the season in Charlotte that Hansborough should have been playing regular minutes right then and there without question. The fact that he didn't after that was the final straw with O'Brien as far as I was concerned.

Just my two cents.

Maybe it will all work out for the better?

I've noticed and have been happy that all of Posey's minutes have been taken away since Vogel took over. Not even sure he has played a single minute. All he does is jack bad 3's.

I know some of Posey's minutes have gone to Dahntay Jones and looking at the box score today, with good reason.

20min 18pts 4rebs 1ast 1stl 1to 1foul

Shot 7 of 10 from the field... O'brien never played Dahntay. Actually, he was the leading scorer. O'brien was seriously bad.

Maybe it will all work out for the better?

I've noticed and have been happy that all of Posey's minutes have been taken away since Vogel took over. Not even sure he has played a single minute. All he does is jack bad 3's.

I know some Posey's minutes have gone to Dahntay Jones and looking at the box score today, with good reason.

20min 18pts 4rebs 1ast 1stl 1to 1foul

Shot 7 of 10 from the field... O'brien never played Dahntay. Actually, he was the leading scorer. O'brien was seriously bad.

I can't wait to see this team once Brandon Rush gets back from his injury. Wonder how Vogel will utilize him.

1. 38-12 Celtics
2. 37-14 Heat
3. 34-15 Bulls
4. 33-18 Hawks
5. 32-20 Magic
6. 26-24 Knick
7. 23-27 76ers
8. 21-27 Pacers
21-29 Bobcats
19-30 Bucks
19-32 Pistons
15-37 Nets
14-37 Raptors
13-37 Wizards
8-43 Cavs

Good to see the Pacers back in 8th. Currently the best bad team in the NBA. Limp into the playoffs baby!

I can't wait to see this team once Brandon Rush gets back from his injury. Wonder how Vogel will utilize him.

Should make the team better. He's better than Dunleavy and Jones. Hopefully it won't affect the team chemistry. Winning 4 in a row is an amazing feat for the Pacers these days. Let it ride.

VN Store

Back