The Official Gruden/Kiffin Fanboy Thread

Why would they be on scholly? Rich kids with good grades get scholarships. Rich kids who like to party, not so much.

Students paying OOS tuition (including overseas students) are a nice income stream for state colleges.
They’re also a nice stat. Diversity is more than race and gender sometimes. So lots of scholly money gets offered to them just for that

Reactions: VolNExile
They’re also a nice stat. Diversity is more than race and gender sometimes. So lots of scholly money gets offered to them just for that
I got that after graduating from high school in Hawaii. It wasn’t a big chunk of change, though.

In the early 2010s, an 18-yr-old asked to join the POPs (old farts) doing belly-to-the-earth formation skydives. Given that she was smart, dedicated, and looked awesome in a bikini, we welcomed her. During the ensuing four years, she’d become an instructor, earn a bachelor’s degree, and look even better in a bikini. She was considering graduate programs. I’d pitched UT, and they had made her a handsome offer - full scholly et al. Alas, Auburn won her over with miscellaneous perks. Auburn and their obsession with recruiting comely coeds…

I thought we were talking football. Not partying rich kids.
No, just fandom, not the athletes. In my short spell (as an adult) living in Memphis, plus casual conversations when I visited, it was not common in the East Memphis crowd to have ties to UTK.
Growing up a Vol fan in Memphis when we played them every year, I have a hate for them.
All the lah-de-dah Memphis kids went on to Ole Miss (or Bama.)

VN Store

Back