The Official Fire Pruitt Thread

Absolutely worst coached game I have ever witnessed. Defense still cannot line up correctly. On BYU's long pass 2 D backs were playing civer three and 2 were playing cover 1. WTH is Pruitt doing?????. These kids and fans deserve better
Did you not watch last week?

Reactions: gregmaynard2
idiots or children either way..........no one else would touch this place with a ten-foot pole

With the right amount of money they would. Problem is we always go the value route. If we got together a 50+ million dollar offer to a huge name (Gary Patterson)...we’d land a big name

Reactions: TennesseeJet
The best players on the team are Pruitt's. He needs his guys until we can fully judge. Going to be a long long season. Harrison Bailey can't get here soon enough and yes he will start because our other QBs can't even see the field over JG
I'd be willing to believe if he was beating GSU and BYU and getting steamrolled by Georgia but there is no excuse to lose these two games no matter who recruited the players.

I wasn't going to take this seriously before, but since this is the official thread...who cares? Find something else to do. Volnation forum is the only positive left of the football program.

Reactions: TennesseeJet
With the right amount of money they would. Problem is we always go the value route. If we got together a 50+ million dollar offer to a huge name (Gary Patterson)...we’d land a big name
UT hires coaches like playing the lottery and they just hope they get a winner

Need QB to win games. We don’t have one. Should’ve never been this close tonight. JG - along with O-Line - is not good, sorry. It really is that simple.

This is what the third time we have given up a huge passing play in the final seconds to lose a game? Really four if you count the 2016 Georgia game. How can this continue? Unheard of. Why on earth is JG still the QB ? Great kid but he just can’t make the throws.

The best players on the team are Pruitt's. He needs his guys until we can fully judge. Going to be a long long season. Harrison Bailey can't get here soon enough and yes he will start because our other QBs can't even see the field over JG
It’s misguided at this point to think we get those blue chips out of Marietta....including Bailey. Players like that don’t come play for dumpster fires like this.

He’s clearly way in over his head and has no good qualities to be a HC. I have no clue what Fulmer was thinking to begin with when he hired him.

Absolutely pathetic effort towards the end of regulation in OT.

Send him home packing.
I would 100% support a Pruitt firing at this point. This man is not SEC Head Coach material, or even FCS Head coach material.

It’s misguided at this point to think we get those blue chips out of Marietta....including Bailey. Players like that don’t come play for dumpster fires like this.
There wont be much of a 2020 or 2021 football recruiting class to speak of with how rotten the Tennessee football team is:(

He has no redeemable qualities as a HC.

I don't know if I can stay in this living nightmare of pretending this dude isn't a walking breathing giant bag of dog **** for two more years..

I went to my last game tonight with that rube on our sideline. But because the rest of our fanbase is so awesome they will support him and lie to themselves for him while he takes the jackhammer that is our team through bedrock.

Great atmosphere tonight. Such a damn shame so many great fans are being conned by a handful of losers.

I agree, but Pruitt isn't going to be able to recruit anyone if he has a miserable season. Hard to sell recruits when we are struggling and he is already being put on the hot seat. But who knows, Florida State seems to be getting recruits..?

I don't know if I can stay in this living nightmare of pretending this dude isn't a walking breathing giant bag of dog **** for two more years..

I went to my last game tonight with that rube on our sideline. But because the rest of our fanbase is so awesome they will support him and lie to themselves for him while he takes the jackhammer that is our team through bedrock.

Great atmosphere tonight. Such a damn shame so many great fans are being conned by a handful of losers.
Jeremy Pruitt makes Derek Dooley look like a good head football coach:rolleyes:

Reactions: jtdavis

I've been wavering between rube and bumpkin. Seeing it in context though, "rube" wins. I also toyed with hayseed but rube it is.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I agree, but Pruitt isn't going to be able to recruit anyone if he has a miserable season. Hard to sell recruits when we are struggling and he is already being put on the hot seat. But who knows, Florida State seems to be getting recruits..?
"I took the old players... And some new players... And I made the team even worse than it was when I got here! Come be part of it!"

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
THIS. IS. NOT. PRUITTS. FAULT.!!!! Yes let's fire another coach who is playing with players that are not his own recruits and only in his 2nd year. Hell let's get a new coach every year while were at it.

Yes this loss is Pruitt’s fault. He should have kicked a field goal to take 6 point lead. Sitting here on the couch told my wife we should have gone for the points instead of going for it on 4th down. Kicker was hitting his kicks tonight. Instead we stayed at 3 points and made it where a field goal would tie up the game. BYU kicks the late field goal to tie and we know what ends up happening. That decision is on Pruitt. The loss is on Pruitt.

He’s clearly way in over his head and has no good qualities to be a HC. I have no clue what Fulmer was thinking to begin with when he hired him.

Absolutely pathetic effort towards the end of regulation in OT.

Send him home packing.

This is a dumb thread... Had they hired Fulmer before hiring that dip **** Currie we may have had a better crop of coaches to choose from, and actually gotten one.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back