THE OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2020/21 (WORSE, SLOWER, MORE MASKS, LESS FANS, LESS W’s)

I’m not trolling when I say this, but aside from Jalen Johnson, I don’t see anybody on Duke that is very good, especially not anybody that plays in the paint.

I’m not trolling when I say this, but aside from Jalen Johnson, I don’t see anybody on Duke that is very good, especially not anybody that plays in the paint.
Hurt is good on offense. I don’t know what his deal is tonight though. Somethings wrong with him other than just UNC playing D on him.Absolutely horrendous decision to foul on the baseline like that with 4.

you can't be trolling when you're accurate. Hurt isn't consistent. Steward and Roach haven't figured it all out yet. Baker and Moore have never made the next step. I don't think K knows what to do with Williams. They haven't had a legit 5 like him in years. Goldwire is awful

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Good game! Nice win for the Heels. It was a very ugly game with two teams that have a lot of issues. UNC obviously has fewer problems. I was very impressed with them extending their D the way they did.

Agreed, an ugly weird game that didn’t have the same effect as it usually would. It didn’t really click until Vitale said there’s no fans and I get it the pandemic but home court is worth 10pts, maybe the crowd causes a TO or a missed FT. Places like Cameron Indoor, Dean Dome, FA at Kansas, and Rupp Miss that.

And hang in there Duke fans. There’s a lot to be excited about in the coming years on both teams. They won’t be “down” long lots of young talent that have plenty to learn and grow on.

you can't be trolling when you're accurate. Hurt isn't consistent. Steward and Roach haven't figured it all out yet. Baker and Moore have never made the next step. I don't think K knows what to do with Williams. They haven't had a legit 5 like him in years. Goldwire is awful
This was the first time I’d watched them this season. I haven’t even watched every Carolina game, but early in this season, my friend (that is the biggest Duke fan I know) told me that they wouldn’t even make the tourney, and that he would put money on that.

Reactions: volfanbill
And hang in there Duke fans. There’s a lot to be excited about in the coming years on both teams. They won’t be “down” long lots of young talent that have plenty to learn and grow on.

I’m sure Coach Rat Boy will be purchasing another one and done soon.

Dirtiest program in college basketball, and that’s taking nothing away from UK or UNC. They just don’t cheat as smoothly as Dook and Rat Boy.

I’m sure Coach Rat Boy will be purchasing another one and done soon.

Dirtiest program in college basketball, and that’s taking nothing away from UK or UNC. They just don’t cheat as smoothly as Dook and Rat Boy.
Sure

This loss could possibly knock Duke into the NIT Tournament.:cool:
I think the loss to Miami on Monday was probably the straw that broke the camel’s back. I will say this though, with the ACC being down and with Duke showing glimpses of being a capable basketball team, running the table at the ACC is very possible, but at the same time very unlikely.

To add to all of this, if Duke cuts down on bad turnovers, and UNC doesn’t shoot out their ass on 3’s Duke wins by 6-10 points last night. I won’t be surprised to see Duke beat UNC in Chapel Hill in March.

I think the loss to Miami on Monday was probably the straw that broke the camel’s back. I will say this though, with the ACC being down and with Duke showing glimpses of being a capable basketball team, running the table at the ACC is very possible, but at the same time very unlikely.

To add to all of this, if Duke cuts down on bad turnovers, and UNC doesn’t shoot out their ass on 3’s Duke wins by 6-10 points last night. I won’t be surprised to see Duke beat UNC in Chapel Hill in March.
Duke hasn't been in the NIT Tournament since 1981 when they made it to the Semifinals(beating North Carolina A&T and Alabama)losing to Purdue 81-69 in Coach K's first season as Duke head coach. Duke went 17-13 during the 1980-1981 season.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back