The OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2019/2020 (BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER THAN EVER)

Never could recover from the first 10-15 minutes and then they hit some big 3’s . The last 90 seconds were terrible possession by possession.
Even when they would get to three or even tie the final six minutes, they had stupid play after stupid play. The last 90 seconds looked like junior league entry level ball

Duke needs to grow up. They have to learn to be aggressive and pay attention to detail for 40 minutes. This team doesn’t understand that everybody wants to take them down. They get 100% effort from every player and every team they play. Duke gets lackadaisical for long stretches often and thinks they can win on talent alone. The talent gap isn’t what these players think it is.

Reactions: volwindy
I don’t think it’s going to that level. After today, I don’t think there is any hope for the Heels.
I was joking as I don't think they are on the heels level of bad, but this team is still bad and not a championship team. Not sure who is going to win the ACC this year.

I was joking as I don't think they are on the heels level of bad, but this team is still bad and not a championship team. Not sure who is going to win the ACC this year.

I’ll disagree.I don’t think this team is a bad team. I still think they can win the whole thing, they are at a bit of learning curve. The good thing Duke has going for them is that there is nobody really good in college basketball this year. I’m not worried yet, I’m confident K will figure this thing out. There are a lot of good pieces on that team.

As far as the ACC goes, it doesn’t look likely Duke will win the conference by losing 2 in a row that you shouldn’t, but there are still a lot of games to be played. Also good news, things could be worse. A lot worse.😬👀

Reactions: NashVol11
I’ll disagree.I don’t think this team is a bad team. I still think they can win the whole thing, they are at a bit of learning curve. The good thing Duke has going for them is that there is nobody really good in college basketball this year. I’m not worried yet, I’m confident K will figure this thing out. There are a lot of good pieces on that team.

As far as the ACC goes, it doesn’t look likely Duke will win the conference by losing 2 in a row that you shouldn’t, but there are still a lot of games to be played. Also good news, things could be worse. A lot worse.😬👀

hokies drove a stake through heels hearts. losing streak is mind-boggling.
Norm Sloan has to be cheering..

I don't know. We've been stuck on 8 wins for a while.

The reason I said that is because I remember Duke having so many close games and finding ways to lose. UNC is doing just that this season. That 2002 UNC was pretty bad and I don’t they played all that hard compared to this UNC squad.

Reactions: ArdentVol
The reason I said that is because I remember Duke having so many close games and finding ways to lose. UNC is doing just that this season. That 2002 UNC was pretty bad and I don’t they played all that hard compared to this UNC squad.
Yeah, I was pondering the storyline of last night's game if we had won. Could you imagine VT having to live with the stigma of losing "the Justin Pierce" game?!?!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yeah, I was pondering the storyline of last night's game if we had won. Could you imagine VT having to live with the stigma of losing "the Justin Pierce" game?!?!

The story line and script is completely flipped this year. It’s weird.
This guy is a Duke homer, but he kind hits the nail on the head:

Reactions: NashVol11
The story line and script is completely flipped this year. It’s weird.
This guy is a Duke homer, but he kind hits the nail on the head:

He speaks the truth. So weird. The stars simply aligned this year to leave us (through attrition and injury) devoid of star talent. We are a team of role players and guys that should get 8-10 minutes a game, at most.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back