The Official Countdown To First Pitch 2023

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
42 Days Left. Each day there will be a post to go along with someones number or stats or whatever.

Today, we recognize #42 Max Ferguson. Max did not wear the #42 his entire Tennessee career but did when he was a freshman before switching to #2.

Max's notable career highs:
4 hits at Western Carolina on 4/13/21
2 Homreuns vs Arkansas on 5/15/21
6 RBIS at Western Carolina on 4/13/21
3 Stolen Bases vs Western Carolina on 3/30/21
ferguson.jpeg

42 Days Left. Each day there will be a post to go along with someones number or stats or whatever.

Today, we recognize #42 Max Ferguson. Max did not wear the #42 his entire Tennessee career but did when he was a freshman before switching to #2.

ferguson.jpeg
I love it! Thank you sir!

ferguson.jpeg
Been waiting for this.
Thank you @NO SIR EEE
Also, loving the avatar change.

2021 was full of unforgettable moments.
That’s why I favor the 2021 team over last year’s. Pure magic. That team definitely put UT baseball on the map and frankly set the stage and opened the door for the 2022 squad to do what they did. When the members of the 2021 team see the new stadium renovations, etc. they should feel proud that they are the ones that “built that”.

That’s why I favor the 2021 team over last year’s. Pure magic. That team definitely put UT baseball on the map and frankly set the stage and opened the door for the 2022 squad to do what they did. When the members of the 2021 team see the new stadium renovations, etc. they should feel proud that they are the ones that “built that”.

Coach V gets quite emotional when he talks about that team.

The 2023 team has their work cut out for them. I can’t imagine replacing all 8 position players. Obviously, the starting rotation sans Blade is back and the relievers are deep. The biggest question mark is can the newcomers (especially the transfer Portal players at 3B, SS, and OF) gel with the returners and who will fill the leadership void for Luc, Drew, Trey, Russell, and Beck. I expect big things from Blake, Kyle Booker, CMO, and Dickey. Scott will be a material role player and win us a few games IMHO.

Sorry I was lacking on the weekend boys, thanks for picking up the slack. 39 more days until first pitch. On Saturday, June 11th, Evan Russell hit his 39th career homerun against Notre Dame. Evan Russell accomplished a milestone no other Tennessee BaseVol ever has: hit 39 home runs.
11026466.JPG

2021 will always be a special year for me. I went to almost every home game. It was my mental health fix during COVID. The cold early games where there was virtually nobody there because they would only let so many of us in. Many of those I had to go by myself because no one would come. Then they relaxed restrictions as it was becoming clear we had something cooking and friends or family would join me for some big series. Finally getting that tournament game against Wright State and I was able to be there with my son. A lifetime memory. My daughter was on the spirit teams at time and having her down there cheering at the block party was also a thrill. I still have a montage of all of it as my computer wallpaper. My son's friend had the foresight to turn his camera on for the HR. It really captures the vibe better than a lot I've seen. I'll try and find it and post it.

2021 will always be a special year for me. I went to almost every home game. It was my mental health fix during COVID. The cold early games where there was virtually nobody there because they would only let so many of us in. Many of those I had to go by myself because no one would come. Then they relaxed restrictions as it was becoming clear we had something cooking and friends or family would join me for some big series. Finally getting that tournament game against Wright State and I was able to be there with my son. A lifetime memory. My daughter was on the spirit teams at time and having her down there cheering at the block party was also a thrill. I still have a montage of all of it as my computer wallpaper. My son's friend had the foresight to turn his camera on for the HR. It really captures the vibe better than a lot I've seen. I'll try and find it and post it.

Yep, that season will always be special. I was also at the Wright St game with my then 10-year old son. It was a once in a lifetime deal.

The 2023 team has their work cut out for them. I can’t imagine replacing all 8 position players. Obviously, the starting rotation sans Blade is back and the relievers are deep. The biggest question mark is can the newcomers (especially the transfer Portal players at 3B, SS, and OF) gel with the returners and who will fill the leadership void for Luc, Drew, Trey, Russell, and Beck. I expect big things from Blake, Kyle Booker, CMO, and Dickey. Scott will be a material role player and win us a few games IMHO.

I think the 2023 group will be better than the 2022 team. Denton (3rd), Maui (SS), and Merritt (LF) will satisfy the gaps left by Trey, Cortland, and the various players they had filling in at Left Field. The pitching staff has another year under it's belt. And I think Coach V. walked away with some lessons learned from last year. One interesting tidbit, I think 7 of the 9 batters are left handed batters which statistically speaking, lefties have a higher avg than righties.

I think the 2023 group will be better than the 2022 team. Denton (3rd), Maui (SS), and Merritt (LF) will satisfy the gaps left by Trey, Cortland, and the various players they had filling in at Left Field. The pitching staff has another year under it's belt. And I think Coach V. walked away with some lessons learned from last year. One interesting tidbit, I think 7 of the 9 batters are left handed batters which statistically speaking, lefties have a higher avg than righties.
I’m not sure as it’s difficult to replicate the comraderie and chemistry formed in a clubhouse and dugout after countless days/evenings of training, practices, games, etc over several seasons. One year rentals” can be good or bad depending on their fit (are they team first or “me first” guys soley wanting to better their draft status). I would trade all of the transfer portal guys to have another year of Russell. Gilbert, and Lipscomb. I guess most would. 🍊👍😀👊

VN Store

Back